The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks want to move up in the draft to get top prospect

I like the idea of moving up, however I am not sure we have anything to trade for another pick. If you had a high draft pick, and could take someone that would be solid for years to come, would you give that up for Edler? I doubt it. Edler plus a first, plus a prospect then maybe....

• 2 months later...

The moving up the draft part was right. However what GM doesn't say that they wanna move up in the draft?

It's very possible Nichushkin was their second choice if Horvat wasn't available. I think Horvat could have gone 6th to Calgary if Monahan was taken by Carolina. Luckily he didn't though.

The moving up the draft part was right. However what GM doesn't say that they wanna move up in the draft?

It's very possible Nichushkin was their second choice if Horvat wasn't available. I think Horvat could have gone 6th to Calgary if Monahan was taken by Carolina. Luckily he didn't though.

Some of the things Eklund says do turn out to be true... whether it was just a lucky guess or him actually knowing something, I don't know but I think he has at least some connections to some NHL teams that maybe give him a little bit of information but I think he over exaggerates a lot of it to make it seem like it's a done deal, etc.

Gillis himself had even said he was still fielding offers for Schneider during last season. He wasn't actively shopping him, but if a deal came a long that improved the team he said he'd consider it regardless of who was involved. Unfortunately it took little to no return for Luongo to make a deal for Schneider more palatable.

Schneider even said in a post deal interview that he knew there was always a possibility of him being traded and the longer the process went on, the more likely it would become. I don't think he was shocked at all, compared to Roberto anyway.

I get the feeling that Lu's old agent sold him a scenario that wasn't ever going to happen, kept him in the dark about the reality of the situation and it cost him his job.

Gillis himself had even said he was still fielding offers for Schneider during last season. He wasn't actively shopping him, but if a deal came a long that improved the team he said he'd consider it regardless of who was involved. Unfortunately it took little to no return for Luongo to make a deal for Schneider more palatable.

I think Gillis has been honest at times.

Last year I recall a time when he was asked (I paraphrase) what were the chances of it being Lou who we keep? He mumbled something to the effect that the chances weren't great. Also that Lou would have to let him know that he wanted to be here...

Archived