The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

This.. hopefully Jensen can turn it around, which I think he can... and will do. 20 goals a season if he reaches his potential?

I think that's a good bet. But i quiquestion his place on this team. He not the most physical player and will be in the middle 6. I like my middle 6 players to be physical amd somewhat productive. Hansen and kenins fit the bill. Jensen to me right jow is a redundant vey with more size.

I think that's a good bet. But i quiquestion his place on this team. He not the most physical player and will be in the middle 6. I like my middle 6 players to be physical amd somewhat productive. Hansen and kenins fit the bill. Jensen to me right jow is a redundant vey with more size.

totally hes bust worthy i hope we trade jensen for a better defense prospect

Glad to see hunter Performing well for this streak. Probably my 5th favorite prospect without horvat being included:

1) Virtanen

2) Baertschi

3) Jensen

4) Subban

5) Shinkaruk

my top 5 are

1. Virtanen - elite skater, sniper hitter

2. Shinkaruk - sniper

3. baerchi - stole him from flames they will regret giving us a 25 goal scorer

4. McCann - kesler 2.0 can score plays 200ft horvat and mccann will be top notch 2nd line centers

5. gaunce - big body chips in offense hits wins draws etcetc

my top 5 are

2. Shinkaruk - sniper

4. McCann - kesler 2.0 can score plays 200ft horvat and mccann will be top notch 2nd line centers

top 5 forward wise

1. Virtanen

2.Baertschi

3.McCann

4.Gaunce

5.Cassels

top 5 forward wise in terms of being ready for the NHL.

1.Baertschi

2.Gaunce

3.Virtanen

4.McCann

5.Shinkaruk

my top 5 are

2. Shinkaruk - sniper

I don't think people understand the utmost importance of this post. Sniper hitters are extremely valuable in the NHL nowadays and finding one in Jake was extremely fortunate. As long as he sticks to his game of hitting snipers he will be a valuable player for many years to come.

I was pessimistic all year and even with this sudden turnaround, I'm still very weary. This could just be things balancing out from his very sub-par first 3-quarters of a season. Unless this streak continues into the playoffs and he does well there too, then I might re-evaluate his season as a whole.

4 games doesn't make up for the first 60.

Less size and less everything else at this point.

Vey is a great player compared to Jensen and will only get better because he works his ass off. Jensen lost his way after being hit in Chicago, I am dubious if he will get back to where he was. There are too many hustlers ready to go past him for spots.

Talking of hustlers, it looks like we may still get something good out of Freisen.

Seeing as he's currently at 12 goals in the AHL with 10 games remaining... I think expecting 20 goals in the NHL is a little far fetched. If Jensen can make any impact at the NHL level for even a couple years, I think we have to look at that as "good enough". Especially taking into consideration of where he's at right now. He's on Uticas 4th line, and by all accounts looks to be a complete non-factor almost every night.

I think he meant 20 goals a season in the NHL if he reaches his potential

Exactly what I meant, thanks outsiders. That's why I said IF he reaches his potential.

I agree with everything you wrote. That's how kes became my favorite 7 years ago. Bastard haha. But ya I love my middle 6, and maybe your right that Jensen wont fit on this team. Hopefully not!

I agree with everything you wrote. That's how kes became my favorite 7 years ago. Bastard haha. But ya I love my middle 6, and maybe your right that Jensen wont fit on this team. Hopefully not!

yup hopefully we're all wrong and he turns into Patrick Sharp.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports · 6h

Just talked with Hunter Shinkaruk - 5 goals in his last 7 games for the Utica Comets. #Canucks

Shinkaruk : "I got moved to the 1st line, that's where I like to play, it's where I feel most comfortable."

Shinkaruk : "I was a risk and reward player in junior, tough to play that game in pro, really worked at defensive part of the game."

Shinkaruk : "I got moved to the 1st line, that's where I like to play, it's where I feel most comfortable."

Confident kid. It shows he strives to be the top player on the team. He's definitely eaning it now.

Lets just hope he deals with demotions the right way, because there's a good chance he's not going to be on the top line in the NHL right away.

Seeing as he's currently at 12 goals in the AHL with 10 games remaining... I think expecting 20 goals in the NHL is a little far fetched. If Jensen can make any impact at the NHL level for even a couple years, I think we have to look at that as "good enough". Especially taking into consideration of where he's at right now. He's on Uticas 4th line, and by all accounts looks to be a complete non-factor almost every night.

If Detroit trades for him and gives him top 6 minutes, like they did with Nyqvist and Tatar, Jensen would easily get 20 goals.

Archived