The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Look at how Shinkaruk has been playing now that he's not playing on the 3rd/4th line in Utica.

It's all about him playing with creative players, because that's the type of player he is.

I thought he would be a good fit with Baertschi and Conacher, but he seems to have found a fit with O'reilly and Grenier.

Shinkaruk : "I got moved to the 1st line, that's where I like to play, it's where I feel most comfortable."

Confident kid. It shows he strives to be the top player on the team. He's definitely eaning it now.

Lets just hope he deals with demotions the right way, because there's a good chance he's not going to be on the top line in the NHL right away.

Doesn't seem like he gets fazed by adversity. He's been playing bottom-line most of the season yet has apparently not sulked but really worked on his game. That's the key with him -- drive and motivation, and his unwavering positivity and confidence are what keeps him going when times get tough. He says wants to be one of the best players in the NHL and is willing to do what it takes.

He's going to make it.

You didn't even mention Jensen!!! :shock:

Did you guys break up?

Nope just being realistic at this point Jensen would need to have a killer training camp to get the call. It's basically him or virtanen and Vancouver will not want virtanen in the minors next year so jensen has a huge mountain to climb. That's ok though another year in the AHL could do wonders.

Nope just being realistic at this point Jensen would need to have a killer training camp to get the call. It's basically him or virtanen and Vancouver will not want virtanen in the minors next year so jensen has a huge mountain to climb. That's ok though another year in the AHL could do wonders.

I'd go with option c).

Neither make the team.

Archived