The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Mark Stone 37 games played 41 points +6 in the AHL. In the AHL playoffs he averaged a point per game, so yeah in the regular season players who are going to be true elite studs do need to do more.

AHL numbers of:

Cory Perry 19 gp 34 points

Tyler Toffoli 18 gp 23 points

Martin St.louis 53gp 62points

3rd Season of Hoffman 51 gp 67 points

Gustav Nyquist 56 gp 58 points

Bottom line, players who are going to be real studs in the NHL, usually dominate in the AHL.

Nyquist was like 22? and Hoffman was in his THIRD season.

Toffoli played with Vey and Pearson who are all in the NHL, Shink plays with AHL caliber players....

You're kind of a tool.

Mark Stone 37 games played 41 points +6 in the AHL. In the AHL playoffs he averaged a point per game, so yeah in the regular season players who are going to be true elite studs do need to do more.

AHL numbers of:

Bottom line, players who are going to be real studs in the NHL, usually dominate in the AHL.

Doesn't have to be a real stud in the NHL. I would be happy with Jaden Schwartz production.

Schwartz put up 19 pts in 33 AHL games.

63 pts in the NHL this season.

Hoffman and Toffoli aren't going to be elite btw.

Considering her really missed pretty much a full season, he's had a pretty good growing year.

Looking forward to seeing him in Camp! Would love to see them try him with McCann at center and Virtanen on the other wing.

Lots of speed and a lot of attitude, I think it would be a fun line to watch!

Dude had major hip surgery, missed a year and relies on speed and quickness, so it takes time to get those high end skills back.

He played with plugs most of the year and not much PP time.

It's his 1st AHL season

He has improved his overall game.

Maybe he won't be a Perry, but probably a serviceable top 6 forward.

Any time out prospects score it's a good thing not a reason to call him a bust.

Considering her really missed pretty much a full season, he's had a pretty good growing year.

Looking forward to seeing him in Camp! Would love to see them try him with McCann at center and Virtanen on the other wing.

Lots of speed and a lot of attitude, I think it would be a fun line to watch!

:bigblush: She must be a really good hockey player

AHL numbers of:

You said 2-3 PPG was the minimum. Guess those guys are all busts, too.

Nyquist was like 22? and Hoffman was in his THIRD season.

Toffoli played with Vey and Pearson who are all in the NHL, Shink plays with AHL caliber players....

You're kind of a tool.

Your a god dude haha. Desi totally got ripped a new one

Give him a break. He got like 10 good games in Junior last year before he got hurt, and then came in cold and after surgery for his first pro season. He's a year behind.

Also, he's now in a role more suited to his skillset, and is he ever showing the coaches that he should have been there all year.

He'll be in Utica next year and looking for a large season NHL call up. Might make the team out of camp in October 2016.

Give him a break. He got like 10 good games in Junior last year before he got hurt, and then came in cold and after surgery for his first pro season. He's a year behind.

Also, he's now in a role more suited to his skillset, and is he ever showing the coaches that he should have been there all year.

He'll be in Utica next year and looking for a large season NHL call up. Might make the team out of camp in October 2016.

Green is a really good coach. That's why Shinkaruk wasn't started in an offensive role. At the end of the day we're trying to develop our players properly not like Edmonton.

AHL numbers of:

Trade him for a bag of pucks then, right?

:picard:

Or maybe he was exactly where he should have been? Rounding out his game, adapting to the pro game, getting his strength back after missing a year/recovering from surgery.

Then when Green felt he was ready, expanded his role and let him take off like he's been shot out of a cannon. His season stats may not be overly impressive but this could be a brilliant year of development for him.

Or maybe he was exactly where he should have been? Rounding out his game, adapting to the pro game, getting his strength back after missing a year/recovering from surgery.

Then when Green felt he was ready, expanded his role and let him take off like he's been shot out of a cannon. His season stats may not be overly impressive but this could be a brilliant year of development for him.

And This!

Trade him for a bag of pucks then, right?

:picard:

You guys are just twisting my words. All I'm saying is if a player is going to be a stud than he should definitely dominate in the AHL. I don't care when Shinkurak makes the jump, but if he is going to be a 1st line guy, he will need to dominate the AHL. Otherwise, he is a career 2nd or 3rd liner and that's the same thing I said about Sven, but many of you twisted my words.

You guys are just twisting my words. All I'm saying is if a player is going to be a stud than he should definitely dominate in the AHL. I don't care when Shinkurak makes the jump, but if he is going to be a 1st line guy, he will need to dominate the AHL. Otherwise, he is a career 2nd or 3rd liner and that's the same thing I said about Sven, but many of you twisted my words.

Aren't you the guy who said prospects should average 2 points a game in the A to be considered good? That was awesome.

Archived