The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Giants are a bunch of goons they knew everyone came to the game to watch Shinkaruk

Don't be so ignorant.

I was at the game. Most Giants games are filled with kids under the age of 10. They attract elementary schools/minor hockey teams. There was maybe a few adults in the audience who felt the buzz.

I was at the game tonite and he definitely stood out. Not sure why you think theres a problem. The Giants were paying extra close attention to him and gave him very little room. I don't think Med Hat is a very good team. He is a winger so he needs a center who can get him the puck in spots where he can create with it. He definitely had the Giants D on their heels and on high alert when he had the puck though. He made some great passes some nice paly down low in the offensive zone. I get the feeling he was trying really hard to impress the fans that he was squeezing the stick a little too much.

I don't think Med Hat is a very good team.

I wasn't at the game, anyways thanks for your input. BTW, the Medicine hat Tigers have a 717 winning percentage, best team in the East 2nd best beam in the WHL. Just so you know. Maybe the Giants showed up last night to prove a point.

Hunter bustkaruk got destroyed.

You guys are way too bias abut bustkaruk, he played an awful game on Friday and only showed a few flashes in the 3rd period.

He's definitely not showing signs of progression so far this year. He should be to dominate in his 4th season of juniors.

That's why it's so puzzling to me that so many people thought he should have made the NHL out of camp. Did no one see him constantly get owned physically? He was not ready

Atleast we drafted horvat whose showing signs of bein an gaurenteed NHLer

Hunter bustkaruk got destroyed.

You guys are way too bias abut bustkaruk, he played an awful game on Friday and only showed a few flashes in the 3rd period.

He's definitely not showing signs of progression so far this year. He should be to dominate in his 4th season of juniors.

That's why it's so puzzling to me that so many people thought he should have made the NHL out of camp. Did no one see him constantly get owned physically? He was not ready

Atleast we drafted horvat whose showing signs of bein an gaurenteed NHLer

you seem like an unbiased experienced knowledgeable hockey fan...

I know, he's got some skill, maybe he's an Emery vs Holtby type guy. Shink didn't want to go, but he kept feeding him like a big a hole. He basically just showed everyone he's a bully, he needs to be taught a lesson.

Not really, Emery went after Holtby, who was doing nothing at all. Hunter basically started it by retaliating to a crosscheck.

Shinkaruk was chirping, slashing, and also went after a giants player outnumbering him; therefore Thrower came in to even it out.

Although I didn't like what I saw from Thrower, Shinkaruk may have brought it upon himself.

Not really, Emery went after Holtby, who was doing nothing at all. Hunter basically started it by retaliating to a crosscheck.

Shinkaruk was chirping, slashing, and also went after a giants player outnumbering him; therefore Thrower came in to even it out.

Although I didn't like what I saw from Thrower, Shinkaruk may have brought it upon himself.

So if someone cross checked you after the whistle you just skate away? say or do nothing?

I don't think he brought it on himself from the video. Thrower just grabbed him and started throwing while hunter was engaged with another guy!

Check the video at 45 seconds, that's a dirty move grabbing a guy who tied up with someone else especially when he's way smaller than you.

Also if you look at the beginning of the whole thing right after the horn, Hunter gets cross checked then he just grabs franson and they glide behind the net, didn't even fight.

Who cares about the fight at the end. We should be more worried about his production and dominance them him losing a fight and getting destroyed.

He doesn't have much time left to turn his game around. Max Domi of the Knights is starting to turn it on lately, he's looking like a more talented Brad Marchand. He's a lot more dynamic a player than Shinkaruk in terms of skill and speed. I think the other player that is a lock is Mantha.

So right now I think Hunter Shinkaruk is on the outside looking in, and there might even be others ahead of him. He's definitely not going to make the checking and grinding lines of team Canada.

Who cares about the fight at the end. We should be more worried about his production and dominance them him losing a fight and getting destroyed.

He doesn't have much time left to turn his game around. Max Domi of the Knights is starting to turn it on lately, he's looking like a more talented Brad Marchand. He's a lot more dynamic a player than Shinkaruk in terms of skill and speed. I think the other player that is a lock is Mantha.

So right now I think Hunter Shinkaruk is on the outside looking in, and there might even be others ahead of him. He's definitely not going to make the checking and grinding lines of team Canada.

Wasn't a fight, he got jumped. And by a much bigger player with experience fighting.

Shinkaruk has played for team Canada in the U-18's and was a big part of their bronze medal. He'll get the benefit of the doubt come selection time because of that.

I interviewed Hunter before the Tigers/Giants game at the Coliseum on Friday.

I asked him if Bo had more pressure on him to succeed since they traded Schneider for his pick, and I jokingly asked him if he was going to be the most famous Medicine Hat Tiger to be drafted to the Vancouver Canucks or if he knew his Tiger history. He had great things to say about Trevor Linden and hoped he could have his number in the rafters right beside him.

Great kid and fun to talk to.

Here is the link:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/pucksonnet/Episode_11.mp3

Max Domi is a lock to get his head popped off by an angry guy twice his height if he doesn't clean up his act. Definitely on pace to become a dirty and classless player. Anthony Mantha is the ultimate junior player, he takes complete advantage of his size and the junior game. Now Im not saying he wont be an NHL'er but his skillset is a whole lot more iffy about translating.

Archived