The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Edler still in play

Philly and Holmgren are ALWAYS in on every big name. Edler having somewhat of a big name will definately get a look from The Flyers. Getting Lecavalier makes room to offload one of B. Schenn or Couturier. You HAVE to think that Edler fetches atleast one of them plus a few other pieces. Coburn has been subjet to a few rumours as well.... Namely with the Coilers rumoured to be seriously kickin the tires for Coburn. Coburn/Tanev could make a great pairing

Between B. Schenn and Couturier, Im still partial to Schenn. To me he brings more versatility

Disagree. There's only one puck. What we need is someone who can set Garrison up for the bomb.

Philly is looking at moving Coburn to make room for Vinny's contract. Taking a similar contract in return kind of defeats the purpose...

I doubt we get much via the trade route anymore, clearly mg does not have an 'in' with most of the boys. He's getting fleeced left right and center. More than likely why mg didn't pull the trigger on any luongo deal until the owner stepped in on the schneider deal. The bad trades doesn't look like a one off, looking more like a trend, doesn't bode well for us. The youth we got although good on paper, won't be ready for a while, our hands are tied because of the cap. This is looking like a very bleak season.

I doubt we get much via the trade route anymore, clearly mg does not have an 'in' with most of the boys. He's getting fleeced left right and center. More than likely why mg didn't pull the trigger on any luongo deal until the owner stepped in on the schneider deal. The bad trades doesn't look like a one off, looking more like a trend, doesn't bode well for us. The youth we got although good on paper, won't be ready for a while, our hands are tied because of the cap. This is looking like a very bleak season.

We already have the overpriced bottom-pairing D in Ballard. Doubt anyone will claim him.

Booth may simply end up on waivers too, although I think he'd be snapped up.

As for what to do with the money, if you have cap space and a team guys would like to play for, there are a LOT of free agents available. Should be able to get some bargains.

Archived