The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mason Raymond to CGY

Busted his back for this team.

Under appreciated. I wish him the best of luck and will HATE seeing our guys play against him.

Did he have stretches where he floundered? Yep. But his speed scares me and, with the right tools, he'll likely excel.

Bye, MayRay, you've been a stand up part of the organization. I have nothing but positive things to say about him.....

I wouldn't really down talk Calgarys depth, look at the Canucks aging underachieving lineup, and not much in the way of prospects. Few good picks In the draft this year, but like with everyone's picks time will only tell who is worth it and who is a bust. The Sedins are ageing and, by the look of last season and the playoffs, they don't really care anymore. Kesler will likely miss 20-40 ga,es with an injury of some sort, MG did an awesome Job with the goaltending, 29 teams and their fans would love to have Luongo on goal, hopefully he finds somewhere he gets the respect a Canadian Olympic goalie deserves. The Flames don't have any established superstars, but if we get a solid blue chip effort from all the you guys we can frustrate other teams. Raymond would look good in the Flames top 6. Hope Horton comes to bring some experience and toughness.

Raymond will tear it up, just watch. He's always played well in the Saddledome, playing in front of his family just brings out the best in him, and suddenly he'll go from playing a measely 15 minutes to up to 20 per game with prime situations. 1st unit PP, top-6 (if not first line) and expected to carry the crappy Flames offence.

25 goals is definately not out of the question, I expect to see him put up 50 points. This will be very similar to what happened to Grabner - a skilled player on a stacked team finally getting a chance to explode, and Raymond will.

Archived