The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

On 12/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, Sean Monahan said:

All the stratas  from the “ban pit bulls” era seem to have this rule. That noise about banning them has quieted down the last few years. 

I remember people walking around with petitions  to outlaw pit bulls in town.

I asked "Do you know that cocker spaniels bite more people than pit bulls?"

The reply usually came back as "Yes, but when a bull goes off it causes more damage".

I'd then try to get those folk to sign my petition to outlaw 747's and force people to fly in 4 seat Cessna's, because when a 747 crashes it does a lot more damage than a Cessna falling from the sky.

That tended to leave them baffled.

• Cheers 1
16 minutes ago, gurn said:

I remember people walking around with petitions  to outlaw pit bulls in town.

I asked "Do you know that cocker spaniels bite more people than pit bulls?"

The reply usually came back as "Yes, but when a bull goes off it causes more damage".

I'd then try to get those folk to sign my petition to outlaw 747's and force people to fly in 4 seat Cessna's, because when a 747 crashes it does a lot more damage than a Cessna falling from the sky.

That tended to leave them baffled.

Yeah there’s not much of a rational argument to be made for it. They’re statistically no more dangerous than many breeds that people seem to have no issues with. I’ve heard people make the argument of “well why do you need a pitbull, can’t you get another breed?” which is a little bogus IMO. It’s not necessarily wrong, but the same argument could be applied to many large breeds. I need my girl cause I love her staffy personality and she looks cute wearing sweaters, duh. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Charlie is 12 weeks old now.  He finally got his second set of shots and is safe to meet other dogs.  I took him for a walk on the Gorge today and he didn't seem too keen to meet others of his kind so far.  I have to find more opportunities for socialization, but with Covid that's really tough.

Anyone in the Victoria area have any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.59f7c495b8eb7eddf773b5e1fc6fd021.png

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, goalie13 said:

Charlie is 12 weeks old now.  He finally got his second set of shots and is safe to meet other dogs.  I took him for a walk on the Gorge today and he didn't seem too keen to meet others of his kind so far.  I have to find more opportunities for socialization, but with Covid that's really tough.

Anyone in the Victoria area have any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.59f7c495b8eb7eddf773b5e1fc6fd021.png

I had the same issue when I got my puppy in march. Hes nearly a year old now and other than a couple training classes and meetings with my brothers dog, he hasn't had much. I feel so bad. These puppies are struggling as much as we are. Hes a very social dog too. Whenever I take him around other dogs he wants to play. He needs a friend! 

As a side note: does anyone have any suggestions for a good dog bed for a medium to large dog? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wow, those are the biggest in the world right?

I think my cousin sent me pics of one of them when he was stationed in Afghanistan. At least I think it was one of them, I remember him saying 'they eat birds!'

They are the largest in the world. The come from the Amazon (Brazil and French Guiana) we currently have 5 in our collection of 140 tarantulas. If anyone wants to see more check us out on Instagram or YouTube... #rockymountainspiderfreaks

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...