The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)New Canuck Richardson fast forwards his way to Vancouver

naslund.is.king

If Richardson wants the 3rd line Centre job, I could see

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder/ (Horvat,Shinkaruk,Jensen)

Higgins-Richardson-Burrows

Weise-Gaunce-Hansen

or something along those lines....we've got some crazy depth on the wings with our prospects now

Why do most Canucks fans put the only consistent scoring winger the Sedins have ever had on the third line? How exactly has Burrows earned a demotion? Better question, what has the lazy and often disinterested Kassian done to be a first line winger in his career to this point?

How is Kassian above earning his spot and minutes? Burrows had to do it and still does, Kesler had to do it, the Sedins had to do it, but for some reason people here think the Canucks should just hand over the top line spot to a kid who has NEVER been consistent and lacks defensive awareness on a regular basis.

And please don't answer that Lassian would score more if he played with the Sedins. That is getting old as balls and doesn't prove a damn thing...Jeff Cowan scored with the Sedins, nobody thought he should be there full time.

Why do most Canucks fans put the only consistent scoring winger the Sedins have ever had on the third line? How exactly has Burrows earned a demotion? Better question, what has the lazy and often disinterested Kassian done to be a first line winger in his career to this point?

How is Kassian above earning his spot and minutes? Burrows had to do it and still does, Kesler had to do it, the Sedins had to do it, but for some reason people here think the Canucks should just hand over the top line spot to a kid who has NEVER been consistent and lacks defensive awareness on a regular basis.

And please don't answer that Lassian would score more if he played with the Sedins. That is getting old as balls and doesn't prove a damn thing...Jeff Cowan scored with the Sedins, nobody thought he should be there full time.

I see Richardson's game as well suited for the 4th line. Brings more speed and therefore attack to the game than Lapierre. I like him, I just want someone better for our 3rd...

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him play more games than any I am listing here, except #5, just not as 3 C. Here are my seedings to score the 3rd line C role;

1 Schroeder

2 Gaunce

3 Santorelli who has a 41 point NHL season on his resume

4 Horvat I seed Horvat here, but really want to see him win this the most!

5 Peter Mueller Insert a UFA or trade here, point is a legit aquisition of some description

6 Richardson

Really like the way Richardson plays the game. I think he's got a great opportunity here - if he earns that 3C spot, he has a pair of outstanding two way linemates in Higgins and Hansen. Looking forward to seeing what he can do playing with them.

Nice to have Alberts back as well, particularly considering what he signed for to come back here.

Great moves imo.

Richardson will be a key fixture in the bottom 6 and will likely be flanked by Weise most of the season.

As for Santoreli he will compete with Schroeder for that 3rd line spot. Hamil will also be in the mix. I like Gaunce but I would rather him play another year in the OHL and then a full year in the AHL. It isn't like he dominated the OHL either. The other option is to send him to Sweden for a year like we did with Jensen (or to Austria like with Grenier).

Archived