The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Morrow to Canucks

Wont be long before we know where he is going,,not sure if it will be here,,I doubt it.

t appears that Brenden Morrow won't be on the free agent market much longer.

Morrow told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com that he is getting closer to finding a new team in time for the 2013-14 season.

The 34-year-old says he visited an unnamed club on Thursday.

"I'm thinking about another team visit as well," Morrow told LeBrun. "I've actually got a few offers that I'm mulling over at the moment. It's a tough marketplace, they're not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I'm mulling over these offers."

Morrow earned $4.1 million last season in a campaign split between the Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins, but he is likely to make less with the salary cap having been reduced by about $6 million per team.

Morrow had 12 goals and 13 assists in 44 games during last year's shortened season.

The former Stars captain had a cracked knee cap during the playoffs last spring and admits that his reliability plays a role in his perceived market value.

"I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago," Morrow told LeBrun. "And nobody really knew in the playoffs what I was battling through.

"I just want to get in and be a part of the process of building a team and getting started from training camp," said Morrow. "The timing isn't perfect."

Wont be long before we know where he is going,,not sure if it will be here,,I doubt it.

t appears that Brenden Morrow won't be on the free agent market much longer.

Morrow told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com that he is getting closer to finding a new team in time for the 2013-14 season.

The 34-year-old says he visited an unnamed club on Thursday.

"I'm thinking about another team visit as well," Morrow told LeBrun. "I've actually got a few offers that I'm mulling over at the moment. It's a tough marketplace, they're not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I'm mulling over these offers."

Morrow earned $4.1 million last season in a campaign split between the Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins, but he is likely to make less with the salary cap having been reduced by about $6 million per team.

Morrow had 12 goals and 13 assists in 44 games during last year's shortened season.

The former Stars captain had a cracked knee cap during the playoffs last spring and admits that his reliability plays a role in his perceived market value.

"I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago," Morrow told LeBrun. "And nobody really knew in the playoffs what I was battling through.

"I just want to get in and be a part of the process of building a team and getting started from training camp," said Morrow. "The timing isn't perfect."

Ottawa is the most serious contender with the most cap space at a shade over $8.2 million. The Islandsrs have $15.6 million but IMO they aren't quite there yet. The serious contenders all have $2.2 million or less of cap space, so the only way Morrow signs with Vancouver is if he takes $2 million or less.

Archived