The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] VAN Extends Jannik Hansen

Strombone1

Great news for Canucks fans - Jannik will continue to be a huge part of this team.

Even if he never develops into a 2nd line winger, the role he plays on the 3rd line is invaluable.

For what Hansen brings to the ice, £2.5M per year is definitely a steal.

Until Kass comes back after his suspension, Jannik might find he's up on the first line again with the Sedins, especially if Torts wants to keep Kesler and Burrows together.

Here's to a great season for Hansen and the Canucks!

Not too happy with this one. I'd much prefer not including a NTC. Jannik Hansen wears his heart on his sleeve, sure, but he is so frustrating to watch sometimes. His hands will never catch up with his feet.

Why should Hansen be traded?

Hansen is a third-liner. If he plays in the top-six, we're a non-contending team. Think about our top six. It includes the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows. Automatically, four of the top 6 guys don't fight, and aren't particularly intimidating. I'd prefer the majority of our third and fourth liners to even that out by being tough and able to drop the gloves, otherwise this team will continue to get pushed around every post-season. Hansen, God love him, is a poor man's Burrows. We already have those types of players. We need size and toughness to fill out the third and fourth lines. He plays with tenacity, and he gets under the opposition skin, but he doesn't answer the bell, and leaves us more vulnerable for the opposition to take out their anger on our top 6.

In a year or two, we will wish Hansen's contract was shorter and more flexible. This one is paralyzing.

Why does any team that signs a player 1 year end up wanting to trade him later? (Hint: answer is "a lot of reasons" that do not somehow besmirch the player)

I can think of a lot of reasons, such as lack of motivation, inability to get along with teammates, not earning salary, not fitting into the role the team has for him...

...none apply to the honey badger.

I can think of a lot of reasons, such as lack of motivation, inability to get along with teammates, not earning salary, not fitting into the role the team has for him...

...none apply to the honey badger.

I'd never suggest any of those possible "character" problems would apply to Hansen either. But gotta think beyond the player to the team's needs - and often enough the team's needs change throughout the duration of a contract, and that goes straight to the long term role issue. Another prob with a NTC, especially on a team with so many players already having NTCs, is fewer bodies available to make trades to account for gaps that come up over the contract length...

Again, not too hard to imagine a Canuck world in which the team desperately needs to trade pull a trade for a top six F or top 4 d, and Hansen's NTC makes it more difficult to offer up quality for quality. That's not a knock on Hansen, just a reality of the business.

Not too happy with this one. I'd much prefer not including a NTC. Jannik Hansen wears his heart on his sleeve, sure, but he is so frustrating to watch sometimes. His hands will never catch up with his feet.

Hansen is a third-liner. If he plays in the top-six, we're a non-contending team. Think about our top six. It includes the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows. Automatically, four of the top 6 guys don't fight, and aren't particularly intimidating. I'd prefer the majority of our third and fourth liners to even that out by being tough and able to drop the gloves, otherwise this team will continue to get pushed around every post-season. Hansen, God love him, is a poor man's Burrows. We already have those types of players. We need size and toughness to fill out the third and fourth lines. He plays with tenacity, and he gets under the opposition skin, but he doesn't answer the bell, and leaves us more vulnerable for the opposition to take out their anger on our top 6.

In a year or two, we will wish Hansen's contract was shorter and more flexible. This one is paralyzing.

Do you mind if I bump your thread?

:bigblush:

I disagree. Hansen is exactly the kind of players we want in our bottom 6. Also this myth going around the league that you need a brawler on you team is nonsense. You need to play a 2-way team game you can't fight your way to a cup you win on the score board. Hansen hits, he checks and works like a wolverine in the corners, speed, and NHL level hands. he's a great 3rd liner and would be on every team in this league. Hansen is a steal at 2.5M that's a discount for us open market he'd be getting offers of 3.2M+.

Just like how your wang will never catch up to your desires. Settle down slegs, have a snickers.

You're simply jealous of Hansen making millions that he has rightfully earned. Due to this you're taking it out on him on CDC from your moms basement. Congrats. This guy is one of the hardest working players in the NHL, he's worth it.

Just like your wang will never catch up to your wishes. Settle down slegs, have a snickers.

You're simply jealous of Hansen making millions that he earned. Due to this you're taking it out on him on CDC from your moms basement. Congrats. This guy is one of the hardest working players in the NHL, he's worth it.

Your personal attacks are so original. And yes, you nailed it. I am very jealous of the NHL player Jannik Hansen, and so I am hoping that by drawing out his flaws that I will be signed by the Canucks and take his spot. (fingers crossed)

Your personal attacks are so original. And yes, you nailed it. I am very jealous of the NHL player Jannik Hansen, and so I am hoping that by drawing out his flaws that I will be signed by the Canucks and take his spot. (fingers crossed)

That's exactly what you're hoping for tough guy. Now please continue milking your moms WiFi like a starbucks hipster.

Archived