The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waived] DAL puts Aaron Rome on waivers. Do we drop AHLberts and bring back Romer ?

Coming out? He needs to acquire a shot first.

Hey, I like Tanev and his shot-blocking, but there's still not much coming in terms of offense and that may see him as a third-pair kinda guy for awhile. $1.5mil was a bit on the high side but it's still alright.

Lol.

He has as many points as Edler and Bieksa so far this season. Second to only Garrison.

He's also averaging almost 20 minutes a game, highest shorthanded ice time among our D, and leads all our D in blocked shots.

The guy has been our most consistent D-man, and is easily earning his 1.5 mil. To make an argument against that is ridiculous.

Lol.

He has as many points as Edler and Bieksa so far this season. Second to only Garrison.

He's also averaging almost 20 minutes a game, highest shorthanded ice time among our D, and leads all our D in blocked shots.

The guy has been our most consistent D-man, and is easily earning his 1.5 mil. To make an argument against that is ridiculous.

Nah. A bit on the high side, based on what he did up to the point of re-signing. But like i said, i like him and his shotblocking.

Maybe my definition of 'coming out' is different, as well as 'best on the team'. Seeing as Tanev still doesn't have an NHL-level shot at this point, or isn't too physical at all, i'm putting the 'coming out' party on hold. More like a slow, steady progression. And best defender? He's a bit better than Stanton i guess. But i see nothing that's woo-hoo worthy.

Anyway, your point was about Rome getting as much. And that's obviously a fail by Dallas at this point.

I was hoping Tanev would be locked up for longer as well, considering he didn't take much of a discount.

And people actually complained about Tanev at 1.5.

He's been our best D-man this season.

I wish we could have locked him in longer, but I can see why his agent didn't want to. This is going to be a coming out season for him.

Yeah, we should go bump that Tanev thread - the one with the endless posts that the worst thing MG could possibly do was give Tanev more than 1.2 or 1.3 million... That thread could provide entertainment value for years.

We've had tons of worse d-men than Romer, or ones that played worse during their tenure here. Why all the hate?

Schneider, Fitzpatrick, Ballard, Huscroft, Namestinkov, Kucera, Ciccone, Kraijcek... just to name a few that came to mind first.

Romer is a top-100 d-man on the Canucks all time list, for sure ;)

Archived