The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Stars willing to move "a Contract or Two"

Yes, that is what it would take as it stands because you've a person producing AT the NHL level AND a prospect who hasn't.

I think Neiuwendyk is done making stupid trades (although we will see)

Producing? 1 assist and a minus 3 is producing?

That makes kassian an all star then right?

If Bo Horvat started the season that bad he would be in junior none the less.

Producing? 1 assist and a minus 3 is producing?

That makes kassian an all star then right?

If Bo Horvat started the season that bad he would be in junior none the less.

Think of his ice time and what line he is playing on. he is also transitioning to a game at the NHL level without having played smaller ice surfaces.

He will be a solid player in the league without question and I think he'd excel in a top 6 role with our team. The only issue is still not addressing a playmaking 2nd liner to go with yet another shooter.

Sure he's not exactly lighting it up. but I remember people saying Messier was a bust with his whole 32 or 36 points in his rookie year as well.

Neiuwendyk was canned last year. Jim Nill is the man in charge now and I dont see Him trading Nickushkin anytime soon. That being said one poster actually made the comparison of Nickushkin playing as opposed to Horvat rightfully being sent back to junior.... Apples and oranges situation dont you think? Besides, its not like Nickushkin is lightin it up in his 7minute/game average.

Dallas is in a bit of a mess due to more than a few GM changes in the past 7-10 years. With Nill on board he will surely get the younger players and develop them the same way he developed Detroits prospects over the past 14+ years.... Just need some patience

Stable ownership+stable management= stable success..... Am i right?

I forgot Joe was canned.

And yes it does mean all of that, but it doesn't mean it is impossible to see one of those kids pulled away.

I just don't think we've got what it takes to grab a Nicushkin or Chiasson out of their roster

Yeah, Penguins sold high on Goligoski. They got Neal and absolutely burned Dallas. Considering our contracts, he has even less value than Booth.

So Dallas is looking to move out contracts eh? Maybe trying to bring depth in from somewhere else? Peverley would be perfect for this team. I would also take Fiddler for our bottom 6. Other than that, there's nothing that they would possibly have available that we want.

I think if Dallas is trading, they are looking to flush salary. We would need to trade elsewhere to get rid of salary, they don't want salary back.

Booth is the trade to clear our cap space.

Booth to NYI for Casey Czikas or Brock Nelso.

Then

Whitney for Alberts.

When we get healthy

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Santorelli Kassian

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Sestito Welsh Weise

VAN's core defense is set, and there is no one on our team that can't provide (assuming everyone plays well) what Goligoski does. Yeah he is an offensive D man but that's about it. I prefer the two way defensemen on the team now . Anyone who thinks adding Goligoski and trading Edler is an upgrade on our D has a few screws loose.

A depth defensemen worth picking up though is Dillion. Plays alot like Stanton. DAL probably isn't interested in moving him though.

EDIT

Horcoff or Cole would be an interesting lateral trade for Booth. Change of scenery for either, and depending on this season's play could be bought out in the summer if need be.

Can someone fill me in on Goligoski? I've heard of him yea but want to know what type of a player is he? Is he strictly a offensive puck moving dman, can he play defense, does he hit, penalty kill, and who's a comparable dman to him?

Would be much appreciated if someone could respond with a reasonable reply.

Can someone fill me in on Goligoski? I've heard of him yea but want to know what type of a player is he? Is he strictly a offensive puck moving dman, can he play defense, does he hit, penalty kill, and who's a comparable dman to him?

Would be much appreciated if someone could respond with a reasonable reply.

Think of a better version of Kaberle. He can shoot and pass in the attacking zone. Decent skater but not great- not even that fast. Defense wise he is mediocre at best.

Peverley would slot in just fine on this team.... Buy out Booth and BAM!!!! We got ourselves a useful playa!!! This guy is Higgins 2.0 but only on RW. Can also win faceoffs which is also huge. He is a mucker and was a huge pick up for Boston on their cup run.

Peverley at $3.25 for this year and next?..... Git 'er done Mike

Local boy Dillon would be great but unfortunately his salary is still low and he is to Dallas what Tanev and Stanto are to us

Goligiski?.... Softer than Royal....no thanks... He is a forecheckers dream

Doubt Dal wants to trade Nichuskin..... sure he has had a rough start but god he Is a top 10 pick on a team trying to rebuild.

If it continues though, Nino Niederreiter, another hulking winger and high first round pick who struggled mightily on a team trying to rebuild, says hi.

Also agreed with the people pushing for Peverley (unless Dalpe comes out of nowhere and rips it up, or if Santo locks down the 2nd spot for good; Cody Eakin would also be a very good 2nd line pick-up, plus he's their 2nd line center now); Rich's been playing top line minutes apparently for Dallas, and his grit, two-way play and play-making (these apply to Eakin too) can really give this team solid scoring depth up the middle that teams need to go on deep runs.

Brett Conolly just called....says not to forget about him too

Burmistrov would call but with the time difference in Russia he is sleeping. He wanted to give a shout out to Nichushkin though. He says "Hey buddy hurry back to Russia, they pay more and you are close to home. See you soon!".

Don't know why everyone wants Goligoski.... he isn't better than any of our top 4 right now.

The guy who catches my eye on Dallas is Peverley. I think he'd be a great fit as a second line, playmaking center, and he's signed at a reasonable contract for this year and next. Fiddler would be decent for a depth center too.

Peverley is most definitely not a second-line center on a contender. However, he proved to be a great bottom-6 one for the Bruins.

Archived