The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

How can anybody be on Kassian's side when game in and out he shows absolutely no intensity and passion whatsoever? The guy is built like a freight train and yet he rarely punishes players on the opposing team. If he isn't scoring or put up points, Zack should be laying the body out there. I haven't seen one big hit from Kassian that turns heads and makes you cheer. There is a reason Torts has him playing limitied minutes because the guy at the present moment is a liability when he is on the ice..a coach simply can't trust him out there.

I am a Kassian fan and really want him to succeed but he really seems to lack the mental focus in his game. It's really hard to say right now if he'll ever be an impact player in the NHL..he seems so confused as to what kind of player he is when he is out there on the ice.

Try making some sense grasshopper.

Hodgson 'will be 24 in a few months'. Is he the 'virtual teenager' you're talking about?

That isn't a comparison - it's a question. Is that what's behind your pattern?

The most consistent pattern on CDC, btw, is people whining incessantly about that trade.

Speaking of whining,isn't this the Kassian disapointment page,not the whining about alleged whining page?

Next month.

Will it be his AHL party or the pre-retirement ?

Best not to bring or send booze as a present.

stay classy

Speaking of whining,isn't this the Kassian disapointment page,not the whining about alleged whining page?

irony on irony or ham on whole wheat?

Try making some sense grasshopper.

Hodgson 'will be 24 in a few months'. Is he the 'virtual teenager' you're talking about?

That isn't a comparison - it's a question. Is that what's behind your pattern?

The most consistent pattern on CDC, btw, is people whining incessantly about that trade.

Btw, what does it tell you when a "first line" player on a crappy team has a relative corsi - relative to his 'crappy team-mates' that is - of -6.6?

Hodgson will make 4 million next year

Kass may be demoted to the AHL.

Try reading Dr Seuss again if you cant figure out the obvious,

Canucks were soft in the playoffs. If they had kept Hodgson the problem would have persisted.

Kassian so far this season has been a disappointment offensively and physically. He floats around and does literally nothing. That is all fine and dandy with me as long as he realizes his role down the stretch and in the (playoffs if we make it). Draw penalties by talking trash and being gritty. Use your weight and size to piss people off. Hit like a freight train. His role is pretty simple.

Canucks were soft in the playoffs. If they had kept Hodgson the problem would have persisted.

Kassian so far this season has been a disappointment offensively and physically. He floats around and does literally nothing. That is all fine and dandy with me as long as he realizes his role down the stretch and in the (playoffs if we make it). Draw penalties by talking trash and being gritty. Use your weight and size to piss people off. Hit like a freight train. His role is pretty simple.

I've seen him in the playoffs....... Plays about the same FYI and wasn't a factor at all.

I said it before our 4th line sucks and can't be depended on defensively..after the whistle their ok..but helping hold a lead and killing the clock? no.Bring back Archie and maybe Grenier ie a pair of fast hardnosed forecheckers,or pair Archibald with Weise on the 4th.

Okay, but where do we project all of our anxieties and insecurites in the mean time?

Try a shrink if Kassian..errrr losing Cody is giving you that much anxiety or insecurity.

You walked into that one, Chalky: might want to get a tuneup on your irony detector. If you've been following the thread, I'm not missing Cody at all.

Kassian looked decent last night, as he has many times this season. At this stage, he's inconsistent, but when he's on, he's a pretty good player.

Top PWF's in todays game, I'm showing the seasons were they showcased their talent and made an impact on the team as a top 9 guy. Basically the season that made you *notice* the guy.

Todd Bertuzzi: 1993, 23rd overall pick

50 pts in 80 games played as a 24 year old (15:24 AVG TOI)

Shane Doan: 1995, 7th overall pick

51 pts in 81 games played as a 23 year old (16:51 AVG TOI)

Jarome Iginla: 1995, 11th overall pick

50 pts in 82 games played as a 19 year old (AVG TOI not recorded)

Brendan Morrow: 1997, 25th overall pick

33 pts in 64 games played as a 21 year old (15:51 AVG TOI)

Erik Cole: 1998, 71st overall pick

40 pts in 81 games played as a 23 year old (16:04 AVG TOI)

Ryan Malone: 1999, 115th overall pick

43 pts in 81 games played as a 24 year old (18:54 AVG TOI)

Scott Hartnell: 2000, 6th overall pick

41 pts in 75 games played as a 19 year old (16:58 AVG TOI)

Ryane Clowe: 2001, 175th overall pick

34 pts in 58 games played as a 24 year old (13:11 AVG TOI)

Dustin Brown: 2003, 13th overall pick

46 pts in 81 games played as a 22 year old (18:43 AVG TOI)

Corey Perry: 2003, 28th overall pick

44 pts in 82 games played as a 21 year old. (12:28 AVG TOI)

Ryan Getzlaf: 2003, 19th overall pick

58 pts in 82 games played as a 21 year old (15:04 AVG TOI)

Nathan Horton: 2003, 3rd overall pick

47 pts in 71 games played as a 20 year old. (16:53 AVG TOI)

David Backes: 2003, 62nd overall pick

54 pts in 82 games played as a 24 year old (17:41 AVG TOI)

Johan Franzen: 2004, 97th overall pick

38 pts in 72 games played as a 28 year old (17:44 AVG TOI)

*Note, Franzen scored 27 goals and was drafted at the age of 24.

Chris Stewart: 2006, 18th overall pick

64 pts in 77 games played as a 22 year old (16:42 AVG TOI)

Milan Lucic: 2006, 50th overall pick

42 pts in 72 games played as a 20 year old (14:57 AVG TOI)

AVG Age of Impact Season: 22

Zack Kassian: 2009, 13th overall pick

1 month and 17 days from turning 23.

27 pts in 107 games played (Career AVG TOI 12:06)

*Unable to earn trust or promotion from coaches Alain Vigneault and John Torteralla for increase role/ice-time.

*Poor in the defensive zone thus far.

*Lack of physical play

When you give up Cody Hodgson for a 'potential' powerforward, you would like the guy to be atleast in this class of PWF's. He was drafted quite high at 13th overall. Most 1st round picks tend to contribute at a early age and late picks at a later age. Logical. Some expections of course.

Write these season off. Next season will be crucial. Can this guy put up a 35+ point season? You can bring up his ice-time all you want, you have to EARN it, and be put in that spot. Unless you think AV and Torts are coincidentally two bad coaches who can't realize his talents and put him in the proper situation to succeed...

Next year he'll start the season as a 23 year old, let's see if he will breakout.

Top PWF's in todays game, I'm showing the seasons were they showcased their talent and made an impact on the team as a top 9 guy. Basically the season that made you *notice* the guy.

Todd Bertuzzi: 1993, 23rd overall pick

50 pts in 80 games played as a 24 year old (15:24 AVG TOI)

Shane Doan: 1995, 7th overall pick

51 pts in 81 games played as a 23 year old (16:51 AVG TOI)

Jarome Iginla: 1995, 11th overall pick

50 pts in 82 games played as a 19 year old (AVG TOI not recorded)

Brendan Morrow: 1997, 25th overall pick

33 pts in 64 games played as a 21 year old (15:51 AVG TOI)

Erik Cole: 1998, 71st overall pick

40 pts in 81 games played as a 23 year old (16:04 AVG TOI)

Ryan Malone: 1999, 115th overall pick

43 pts in 81 games played as a 24 year old (18:54 AVG TOI)

Scott Hartnell: 2000, 6th overall pick

41 pts in 75 games played as a 19 year old (16:58 AVG TOI)

Ryane Clowe: 2001, 175th overall pick

34 pts in 58 games played as a 24 year old (13:11 AVG TOI)

Dustin Brown: 2003, 13th overall pick

46 pts in 81 games played as a 22 year old (18:43 AVG TOI)

Corey Perry: 2003, 28th overall pick

44 pts in 82 games played as a 21 year old. (12:28 AVG TOI)

Ryan Getzlaf: 2003, 19th overall pick

58 pts in 82 games played as a 21 year old (15:04 AVG TOI)

Nathan Horton: 2003, 3rd overall pick

47 pts in 71 games played as a 20 year old. (16:53 AVG TOI)

David Backes: 2003, 62nd overall pick

54 pts in 82 games played as a 24 year old (17:41 AVG TOI)

Johan Franzen: 2004, 97th overall pick

38 pts in 72 games played as a 28 year old (17:44 AVG TOI)

*Note, Franzen scored 27 goals and was drafted at the age of 24.

Chris Stewart: 2006, 18th overall pick

64 pts in 77 games played as a 22 year old (16:42 AVG TOI)

Milan Lucic: 2006, 50th overall pick

42 pts in 72 games played as a 20 year old (14:57 AVG TOI)

AVG Age of Impact Season: 22

Zack Kassian: 2009, 13th overall pick

1 month and 17 days from turning 23.

27 pts in 107 games played (Career AVG TOI 12:06)

*Unable to earn trust or promotion from coaches Alain Vigneault and John Torteralla for increase role/ice-time.

*Poor in the defensive zone thus far.

*Lack of physical play

When you give up Cody Hodgson for a 'potential' powerforward, you would like the guy to be atleast in this class of PWF's. He was drafted quite high at 13th overall. Most 1st round picks tend to contribute at a early age and late picks at a later age. Logical. Some expections of course.

Write this season off. Next season will be crucial. Can this guy put up a 35+ point season? You can bring up his lack of ice-time all you want, but you have to EARN it, and be put in that spot. Unless you think AV and Torts are coincidentally two bad coaches who can't realize his talents and put him in the proper situation to succeed...

Next year he'll start the season as a 23 year old, let's see if he will breakout.

Peter Holland a 15th overall pick, 22 years old, the Ducks gave up on him. Obviously Kassian will be given every chance in the world because Hodgson was given up.. They need to justify the trade. Most players are considered a bust at 23/24 if no signs of progression/potential are shown with the exception of Detroit prospects :lol:

My thoughts? Should of been in the AHL once acquired by Vancouver.

I'm not worried about him - apprehensive is how 'kids' tend to play when their coach is blowing head gaskets and benching every second player. I like the job Tortorella has done, but he got a bit off the rails there for a few games at the end of the last homestand. If they want a more aggressive Kassian, they'll have to live with the odd mistake, and Kassian actually seems to make fewer when he's more aggressive.

If thats the case then he seriously needs to understand this in a hurry. Otherwise I think you have to send him to Utica if you want to save him from this limbo he seems to be in.

I dont really care about how many points he puts up as long as he plays hard. Even the Sedins make sure they finish every check.

If thats the case then he seriously needs to understand this in a hurry. Otherwise I think you have to send him to Utica if you want to save him from this limbo he seems to be in.

I dont really care about how many points he puts up as long as he plays hard. Even the Sedins make sure they finish every check.

so far JT is far worse with his player management than AV. He's ruining Kassian, imo

Archived