The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kanucklehead10

Hey guys, I hate the Bruins just as much as you do but their whole team was coming off the flu, they were not at 100% who knows what the outcome could have been if they were healthy? or if they had Shawn Thornton was in the line up and us without Sestito? we would be screwed if he started a fight

Wrong. Members of the team had been sick but not the entire team. You conveniently fail to mention that we were without Burrows (a top 6 forward), Edler (a top 4 defenceman), and Sestito (biggest player on the team).

Chara, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Iginla, and Krecji looked healthy to me.

Kudos to the Bruins for playing a fairly clean game. They were outskilled, out skated, and out played. Fact.

Anyone else think that was an intentional spear?

Why wherever would you get that idea?

"I wus just mindin' muh own bizniss when outta nowhere, out comes Luongo with his net, crease, and all and he just reaches out with his neck and nearly yanks the sick right outta muh hands. Some kinna ninja move. Never seen anything like it. And I wus like ref???!! Whars the holdin' the stick call?"

Hey guys, I hate the Bruins just as much as you do but their whole team was coming off the flu, they were not at 100% who knows what the outcome could have been if they were healthy? or if they had Shawn Thornton was in the line up and us without Sestito? we would be screwed if he started a fight

Tell me what thornton, sestito and fighting have to do with a 6-2 game?

Wrong. Members of the team had been sick but not the entire team. You conveniently fail to mention that we were without Burrows (a top 6 forward), Edler (a top 4 defenceman), and Sestito (biggest player on the team).

Chara, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Iginla, and Krecji looked healthy to me.

Kudos to the Bruins for playing a fairly clean game. They were outskilled, out skated, and out played. Fact.

Yeah, not even many attempted decapitations to speak of.

Thanks for the detail, I had been under the impression the team was flu ravaged and wouldn't have minded the win anyway, but all the better if it wasn't so much that.

Sick? That's their coaches responsibility to rearrange the lines appropriately to help them get a win. A couple guys were sick last week, big deal. We won 6 to 2 so I don't think it mattered. Thornton got his own butt suspended and we did have Sestito and won so playing "what if" is pointless...

People don't realize what a huge mental blow/setback losing that series as we did was. I don't know that they got the reassurance/belief afterward that they could be better, have done better. I think they just stuck with "failure" for awhile and the mental mindset has been huge. Torts fully believes in these guys - in their talent, in their abilities. I don't know that they believed they could anymore after that devastating loss.

You can see it, he pushes this team hard because he knows they are capable of it - of more. That's a huge deal...for them to feel that they CAN do more, rather than just settle for "we gave it our best".

Absolutely right, Deb. Of course they act like it's no big deal because they've struggled pretty hard not to be defined by that loss. But as Weise said earlier in the week, they were amped, and it came out the right way: focus, intensity, sharpness of play. Clearly it was a big deal to some of the Bruins, starting with rat-boy, but including Lucic, who talked about what an emotional final it was. Let's face it, this is an emotional game and there's no point pretending otherwise. Tortorella plays with fire sometimes, in both senses of the phrase, but we needed something different from robotic AV. For now, Torts is just what the doctor ordered.

Can already picture Marchand when he's older with his fat beer gut and big rat nose kissing his ring finger trying to impress ladies. All of them being like "who are you?", "you won one championship 20 years ago?" "who cares?"

It'll get annoying, but I'm guessing the matrons in his cell block are used to tuning annoyances like him out.

Either that, or he'll get his neck broken trying to grab an inviting piece of cheddar off of a springplate.

hopefully the boys can sustain this level of play after such a hyped up anticipated game....i remember they had a lull after their big win in boston that first game after the 2011 finals.

sure is nice to be in december and forget about november....all those w's are a beautiful sight!

hopefully the boys can sustain this level of play after such a hyped up anticipated game....i remember they had a lull after their big win in boston that first game after the 2011 finals.

sure is nice to be in december and forget about november....all those w's are a beautiful sight!

Definitely is of concern, but I feel that they're more seasoned in this now...the experience this group has, coupled with Torts keeping them in check, means it likely won't be a problem. But yeah, the honeymoon is now officially over...back to the grindstone and future games. That one should already be in the past.

I had a feeling the team would turn it around...called for Wincember. As long as they keep energized like this, should be ok. Kind of worried about breathing all the nasty Bruin flu germs...hope it doesn't hit them just as they're really hitting their stride.

Archived