The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 year old Jakob Chychrun - the next one.

Chychurn is a great defenceman wow. A lot better than Day and I thought Day was better. Chychurn and Day might be on the same team for Canada at the U18s so it'll be interesting to see how they perform.

Pretty close to PPG in the OHL and it's not a fluke. Just smooth, never panics with the puck, physical player so many players don't want to try and go wide because he crushes players against the boards. Great first pass and can QB a PP at 16 being 6'2.

Guest Dasein

It'll have to be a Phil Kessel type trade where you send a star player to a bottom feeder and hope the dwell at the bottom next year because there's no way in hell lottery teams next year move their pick if it can get them one of the two IMO

It'll have to be a Phil Kessel type trade where you send a star player to a bottom feeder and hope the dwell at the bottom next year because there's no way in hell lottery teams next year move their pick if it can get them one of the two IMO

Yes and no.

If we'd have traded last year with Colorado for this years first. and this happened...nobody sees it coming.

Toronto trades for Kessel, nobody expects them to toss Boston a 2nd.

If we'd have traded for CBJs first this year at seasons end last year again, couldn't anticipate this many injuries.

Ottawa gives anaheim a first for ryan. Nobody expects it to be a top 10

Again, it's one of those things. you gamble and hope for the best knowing that edm and Buf are almost toss ins for top 2 and guess from there really.

*Edit** Again that's why we trade now and hope for the best. Who could regress who could suffer via off season issues or injuries

• 2 weeks later...

Is he a defenceman or a forward? That goal/assist ratio makes me think he's forward but, i see he's listed as a defence man

Oh he's a defenseman alright.

Again

Shoots like Salo with better accuracy

Skates like Neidermeyer

Hits like Stevens and Pronger.

This guy is an absolute beast

Talk to me again after playing a year or two in the OHL. I don't care what size you are. It's all about what you can do on the ice in the end.

33 points in 42 games as a 16 year old.

On the blue line. For the 7th place sting. Will play Eerie Otters in 1st round.

I can't even think of another 16 year old D man who was that close to a PPG in any of the CHL leagues over the last decade

• 1 month later...

33 points in 42 games as a 16 year old.

On the blue line. For the 7th place sting. Will play Eerie Otters in 1st round.

I can't even think of another 16 year old D man who was that close to a PPG in any of the CHL leagues over the last decade

Jim Benning...71GP 11G 60A 71PTS as a 16 year old...72GP 28G 111A 139PTS as a 17 year old...74GP 7G 24A 31PTS as an 18 year old in the NHL (he was 18 years old the whole season, turning 19 on April 29th...today's JB's b-day).

I know...different era, and the challenge you put forth was PPG in the past decade. Still, some pretty crazy numbers for Jimmy B. as a kid, don't you think?

Archived