The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 year old Jakob Chychrun - the next one.

That kid is definitely on something. That is not normal growth for any 15 year old. Just look at the change in his facial features from the pic with Letang to the one with the other kids. That will probably actually hurt him or even endanger his life later when that takes its toll on him. But he will have some millions in the bank by then probably so I guess his parents think it is worth it to endanger his life over it.

The height is not a real big deal. The weight and muscle mass is highly unusual though.

I agree. 6'2 is tall for a 15/16 yr old but not unheard of. But his muscle mass a little unusal. I'm sure he trains hard and has the genes that make for such a body type but it does make you question if he's doing anything else. Probaly not fair to think that cause for all we know he comes from an extended family where they are big in some way.

I have a friend who was one of the biggest teenagers I have ever seen. He was into several sports and trained relentlessly, watched what he ate, etc. And BOTH his parents were tall and solid and were athletes as well. Many of his extended family were very big and solid as well. He definitely had the genes to be huge like that. But even though he was taller than this kid at the same age he was not 200 lbs at 16. And he was VERY solidly built. But he also did not use any PED's or anything like that.

I don't think it is very likely this kid is not using enhancements of some kind.

I have a friend who was one of the biggest teenagers I have ever seen. He was into several sports and trained relentlessly, watched what he ate, etc. And BOTH his parents were tall and solid and were athletes as well. Many of his extended family were very big and solid as well. He definitely had the genes to be huge like that. But even though he was taller than this kid at the same age he was not 200 lbs at 16. And he was VERY solidly built. But he also did not use any PED's or anything like that.

I don't think it is very likely this kid is not using enhancements of some kind.

You need to look at his dad when he entered the league. He was a frigging walk in fridge on skates. Jeff wasn't the most mobile guy but he hit like a frigging truck.

I'd wager a lot of that is natural genetics.

http://www.qnetnews.ca/?p=34331

Remember the name - Jakob Chychrun. This is really unheard of; fifteen years of age and he's 6'2", 195lbs, and shoots the puck over 100mph! He's already rounded off his physique and is just a monster unlike any other....has great skating, vision, puck handling, shot - the complete package - and the cherry ontop, a bruising, bone-crunching hitter!

They say nothing is written in stone but this is as close as it gets to it. #1 selection in the OHL priority draft by the Bulls (same team as Jordan Subban!!) and is already being penciled in as the #1 overall pick in the NHL. ...if all this doesn't scream at you Eric Lindros 2.0, nothing will. Again, just unheard of and this is something you hear in fiction stories...a phenom in the making. Whichever team lands this stud in the NHL will be celebrating for an eternity...remember the name, Jakob Chychrun.

Lets just hope he carries more class than Lindros and that his parents don't micromanage his career.

http://www.qnetnews.ca/?p=34331

Remember the name - Jakob Chychrun. This is really unheard of; fifteen years of age and he's 6'2", 195lbs, and shoots the puck over 100mph! He's already rounded off his physique and is just a monster unlike any other....has great skating, vision, puck handling, shot - the complete package - and the cherry ontop, a bruising, bone-crunching hitter!

They say nothing is written in stone but this is as close as it gets to it. #1 selection in the OHL priority draft by the Bulls (same team as Jordan Subban!!) and is already being penciled in as the #1 overall pick in the NHL. ...if all this doesn't scream at you Eric Lindros 2.0, nothing will. Again, just unheard of and this is something you hear in fiction stories...a phenom in the making. Whichever team lands this stud in the NHL will be celebrating for an eternity...remember the name, Jakob Chychrun.

by the time Chychrun joins the bulls Jordan will be on the comets...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know how old you and your friend are, but I'm in my early/mid-20s and I had friends who were 6'4"/200lbs and 6'0"/180lbs in grade 8

Or maybe I'm assuming falsely and it's not a generation difference, but just because there weren't these physical beasts in your neighbourhood doesn't mean that they don't exist anywhere else in this world

Anyway, kids these days eat right and train right from a very early age, and it's possible to be that big at his age with the right genes (which he certainly seems to possess)

I have a friend who was 6'5, 265 when he was 16, so anything is possible. He's 18 now and is 6'6 240 (he started working out). Not really rare to see a kid Chychrun's size. Another buddy of mine was +200lbs of muscle who played on my hockey team in middle school. I think he was 13 at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line is he skates like Neidermeyer has a shot like Salo and hits like Pronger...

Want this kid in a Nucks uniform.

or Sean Day.

Either way time to play the odds and try to trade for a 1st round pick in 2016 or two and hope for the best (an absolute Toronto esque tank job from the team we trade with)

Archived