The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 year old Jakob Chychrun - the next one.

?? Man he his huge for his age. Dood already makes Letang look small and he's 15.

That chin...

Letang is small though. Listed at 6'0 but more like 5'10 and under 200 pounds.

6'2 is big, but it isn't HUGE. Some kids just mature very early. Growing up I've met my fair share of people who already finished their growth spurts by 15/16 in terms of height.

So if he stays at 6'2 he will just be a little bit above NHL average.

Letang is small though. Listed at 6'0 but more like 5'10 and under 200 pounds.

6'2 is big, but it isn't HUGE. Some kids just mature very early. Growing up I've met my fair share of people who already finished their growth spurts by 15/16 in terms of height.

So if he stays at 6'2 he will just be a little bit above NHL average.

watch his scout video.

He's so fast passes so well and has an insane shot both slapper and wrist.

And I can see him getting a few inches bigger and certainly heavier

By the time he enters the league he's going to be an immovable object on the blue line

• 1 month later...

16 Year old Jakob Chychrun standing next to Kris Letang

Victor-Jakob-Justin-at-CDS-photo-by-Jenn

Jakob Chychrun in between Victor Mete and Justin Cmunt (please god don't let that be this kids real name)

Is that kid on the right Erik Karlsson' twin brother?

16bag5t.jpg

I get a feeling that he'll be 1 in his Draft year and basically become a huge bust.

With his genuine skating ability current size and that slapper, he's already got all the rudimentary tools to be a solid top 6 on most teams in the league.

In his draft year he'll go first overall I think and even if he tops out at a top 4 D man....he'll be a damned good one

• 6 months later...

guess we will see but a 16 year old 6 foot 2 inch tall 200 pound kid with skating like neidermeyer on the blue line is gonna get some damned serious attention in 2016

Yeah, Day can be great. He can be the next best defenceman in the NHL.

guess we will see but a 16 year old 6 foot 2 inch tall 200 pound kid with skating like neidermeyer on the blue line is gonna get some damned serious attention in 2016

Day is 6'2, 217-225bs depending on the source, and is widely considered to be a better skater than Chychrun, his acceleration is top notch.

Chychrun has a much better shot and a better head on his shoulders though.

Archived