The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 year old Jakob Chychrun - the next one.

I think drafting Sean Day is more of a realistic possibility than drafting Chychurn.

Not with the moves the Canucks have made as of late.

I'd take Chychrun in a heartbeat. The kid is basically Steve Rogers.

Funny how there is renewed interest in Chychrun after the goings on of the last few days? :rolleyes:

I don't think we're likely to be bad enough even given those moves to be in a top 5 position where we might have a shot at getting him. We still have too many good players to "tank".

We'll probably finish somewhere between 8-16 depending on how well/bad we do and/or where the team is at the deadline/how much we sell off.

Now there's the possibility we trade up but that doesn't seem to happen much these days.

He plays forward as well...and as for Lindros, in comparison to the style of game he plays. Very similar to how Lindros played.

As long as he plays with his head up, he'll have a great career.

I don't think we're likely to be bad enough even given those moves to be in a top 5 position where we might have a shot at getting him. We still have too many good players to "tank".

We'll probably finish somewhere between 8-16 depending on how well/bad we do and/or where the team is at the deadline/how much we sell off.

Now there's the possibility we trade up but that doesn't seem to happen much these days.

All it takes is one Henrik to have a bad year or significant injury and boom season done.

All it takes is one Henrik to have a bad year or significant injury and boom season done.

That happened with far less organizational depth and suspect Torts coaching and we still only managed to be as bad as 6th. That was a season where pretty much anything that could go wrong, did. And we still only managed 6th.

Next year would need to be even more of a gong show to get in the top 5... I don't like those chances. AKA: Cych is a bit of a pipe dream IMO barring JB trading up.

That happened with far less organizational depth and suspect Torts coaching and we still only managed to be as bad as 6th. That was a season where pretty much anything that could go wrong, did. And we still only managed 6th.

Next year would need to be even more of a gong show to get in the top 5... I don't like those chances. AKA: Cych is a bit of a pipe dream IMO barring JB trading up.

With a far stronger Pacific division in our Alberta rivals plus a beefed up western in general I can see a top 6 finish for draft. That is also factoring in more rookies, less overall vets and more of the same from this team plus the supposed (or in some peoples' eyes inevitable) trading of major vets come the trade deadline

The largest current variable right now stands at the new lottery rules. Those in themselves could see us finish bottom 10 yet win 1st overall

Personally while I'd love him I am happy with him, Day, Matthews, Puulji etc.

http://www.qnetnews.ca/?p=34331

Remember the name - Jakob Chychrun. This is really unheard of; fifteen years of age and he's 6'2", 195lbs, and shoots the puck over 100mph! He's already rounded off his physique and is just a monster unlike any other....has great skating, vision, puck handling, shot - the complete package - and the cherry ontop, a bruising, bone-crunching hitter!

They say nothing is written in stone but this is as close as it gets to it. #1 selection in the OHL priority draft by the Bulls (same team as Jordan Subban!!) and is already being penciled in as the #1 overall pick in the NHL. Again, just unheard of and this is something you hear in fiction stories...a phenom in the making. Whichever team lands this stud in the NHL will be celebrating for an eternity...remember the name, Jakob Chychrun.

I'm all in for this guy. He's captain material.

Tank One For Chychrun

With a far stronger Pacific division in our Alberta rivals plus a beefed up western in general I can see a top 6 finish for draft. That is also factoring in more rookies, less overall vets and more of the same from this team plus the supposed (or in some peoples' eyes inevitable) trading of major vets come the trade deadline

The largest current variable right now stands at the new lottery rules. Those in themselves could see us finish bottom 10 yet win 1st overall

Personally while I'd love him I am happy with him, Day, Matthews, Puulji etc.

I agree or division and conference aren't going to be any easier but I doubt that will have as bad of a year either. So they even out.

We'll likely fall somewhere between 8-16 IMO.

Though I agree, the lotto rules could help. But that's certainly not something you plan for.

But yeah if we somehow manage to draft Chych, I'm sure not going to be upset.

They gotta stop putting kids on steroids. 194 pounds at 15 is not normal.

i was 105 lol but i had several friends that were this kids size at 15 its not that crazy. kinda like the kids in grade 8 and 9 that have a beard ( i didn't even start shaving until i was 20)

• 1 month later...

i was 105 lol but i had several friends that were this kids size at 15 its not that crazy. kinda like the kids in grade 8 and 9 that have a beard ( i didn't even start shaving until i was 20)

Haha, I was 6'1" and 180 at 15, so yeah. =p Some guys are just thicker, y'know? Everyone else who was even close to my weight was just round, but I somehow managed to pack a lot onto my frame. Got my beard the following year.

If Chych was that big at 15 and could shoot the puck at over 100 miles an hour, it makes me wonder how strong his shot is now. Is it better? The same? I mean, all that weight definitely helped.

I was 6 feet and hovering around 195-200. At 16, my furst year of jr, i was 6'2 and 209

• 2 months later...

5'10, 170-180 at 15 for me. Really not that strange for him to be 194 with 4 more inches of height. 

5'10, 170-180 at 15 for me. Really not that strange for him to be 194 with 4 more inches of height. 

While we're worried about size and such

barely 17 year old Jakob Chychrun is 7 points in 11 games a +5 and squeaking out 8 measly pims

Also is most likely larger than the old information which has him at 6 foot 2 and 214 pounds

While we're worried about size and such

barely 17 year old Jakob Chychrun is 7 points in 11 games a +5 and squeaking out 8 measly pims

Also is most likely larger than the old information which has him at 6 foot 2 and 214 pounds

we need to cheer for our team to sick, so we can get this kid.  Is he expected to go one or two?

we need to cheer for our team to sick, so we can get this kid.  Is he expected to go one or two?

I'll never cheer for our team to suck.  Instead for our team to ship out vets and for other teams to do better than us.  Think...as bad as Calgary 2 years ago.  Where they showed up every game.  But still lost

He's going top 3 for sure.

Archived