The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thats great in theory, but scoring from the perimeter doesn't really translate at this level, if you look at a big time goal scorer like Pacioretty he gets alot of goals from taking the puck to the net.

I see some comparables as Pouliot or a bigger bodied Mason Raymond honestly. If he hits his potential he could be a Marleau/Pacioretty but I don't see his offensive upside as being as good as those guys skill level.

I see Kapanen as that safe pick, someone who is garenteed a top 9 spot, but doesn't exactly have game breaking potential.

I believe Reinhart is the same way. Garenteed to be a top 6 center, but doesn't have what it takes to be elite. That's why I value Bennett more, reminds me a lot of Johnathon Teows.

Well, my order changes to this.

1)Florida-Ekblad (Get their #1 D with thier loaded offensive talent)

2)Buffalo-Reinhart (Future 1st line center for the team, very offensively gifted)

3)Edmonton-Draisatl (Future 1st line center for the team with RNH not panning out to full potential)

4)Calgary-Ritchie (Big winger to fit with Monahan. Brian Burke style pick)

5)NYI-Dal Colle (Loaded with centers, takes place of Vanek/Moulson for the rest of Tavares' career)

6)Vancouver-Bennett (Future 1st line center. Complete all around game)

Here's to hoping for the best.

Well that would be amazing.. LOL

i know players drop out all the time but i can't see any of Bennett Ekblad or Reinhart making their way to 6th but stranger things have happened

I see one of them dropping according to team need.

Florida takes Ekblad because they have a ton of offense up front

Buffalo takes one of Reinhart or Bennett

Edmonton takes Draisaitl for a highly skilled centreman with size

Calgary takes Ritchie (I could see Burke making this move)

New York takes Dal Colle to play with Tavares

Vancouver takes the remainder of Reinhart or Bennett. Hopefully Reinhart.

edit: What Kooner91 said lol

I see one of them dropping according to team need.

Florida takes Ekblad because they have a ton of offense up front

Buffalo takes one of Reinhart or Bennett

Edmonton takes Draisaitl for a highly skilled centreman with size

Calgary takes Ritchie (I could see Burke making this move)

New York takes Dal Colle to play with Tavares

Vancouver takes the remainder of Reinhart or Bennett. Hopefully Reinhart.

edit: What Kooner91 said lol

this has a pretty decent chance of happening. hey id be happy with either reinhart bennett or virtanen

I think he has the offensive upside to be 6th overall-worthy. That being said i never said we SHOULD take him. What do you even base your "highly unlikely" opinion on? Since it's obvious you barely know anything about him. The only thing you're still looking at, the ONLY thing, is that "historical list", you take nothing else into consideration, which says a lot about you. Yeah i should totally listen to the guy that thought Nylanders offensive numbers wasn't impressive (what a clueless statement), the guy that thought CHL goalies were better than professional goalies or the guy that thought junior players are more physical than professional hockey players in Sweden. Why would i ever want to learn something from you?

Never said any of that. You can go ahead say whatever you want. I am here to discuss prospects with knowledgeable Canucks' fans. I'll talk to you after draft day.

Never said any of that. You can go ahead say whatever you want. I am here to discuss prospects with knowledgeable Canucks' fans. I'll talk to you after draft day.

Would you like me to go back and quote those statements?

I like most people here think Button is a goof. But it's noteworthy that he didn't have Nylander in his top 14 and that Bob Mackenzie had him 11th.

ya as I amd R3al said; he had virtanen going in the second round like a month ago. now all of a sudden he has him going sixth lol.

Well, my order changes to this.

1)Florida-Ekblad (Get their #1 D with thier loaded offensive talent)

2)Buffalo-Reinhart (Future 1st line center for the team, very offensively gifted)

3)Edmonton-Draisatl (Future 1st line center for the team with RNH not panning out to full potential)

4)Calgary-Ritchie (Big winger to fit with Monahan. Brian Burke style pick)

5)NYI-Dal Colle (Loaded with centers, takes place of Vanek/Moulson for the rest of Tavares' career)

6)Vancouver-Bennett (Future 1st line center. Complete all around game)

Here's to hoping for the best.

I can't see Draisatl and Ritchie going ahead of Bennett, but your reasons for the order make a lot of sense.

Whoever we get automatically becomes the number one prospect in our organization. So sitting in our prospect pipeline will be one to the 6 players on your list, plus Horvat, Shink, and the others.

If Trev or the new GM are shrewd, we could move one or two more vets this summer to get a couple more prospects for our team and suddenly our a rebuild doesn't look so long term anymore.

Damn, this is getting exciting.

Archived