The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Latvia, quarterfinals

goalie13

This was probably the best thing to happen to Canada - if they had blown them out, they wouldn't have learned a thing...this way, they should be more prepared for the US.

FYI:

Kristers Gudļevskis is a Latvian ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing with the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL. Gudlevskis was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 5th round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

What a game! Latvian goalie = unbelievable, just astonishing! Possibly the best performer I've seen by a tender besides a select few games, just wow!

..kinda of hoped the game would go to a shootout just so fate would decide and I honestly wouldn't be mad if Canada lost...Latvians deserved it the way they put everything on the line. And stupid mistake by the coach not calling a timeout...goalie was out of it and should've let him rest. Just wow, ...standing O for Latvian goalie! :towel:

Guest Gumballthechewy

I wouldn't say props to Latvia, they played... ok, most if the game was played in their end, but their goalie... damn! If it wasn't for him it would have been a vastly different game.

Archived