The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Deadline Reactions

-SN-

interesting to hear what really happened with kesler and gillis via trades being vetoed and what the offers on table were...

If there were good trades in place u cant blame gillis gotta blame a greedy owner for less then 20 games, but who knows I want toooooo know the truth!

Per reports by SNET, TEAM1040, and other numerous reliable sources.

@TEAM1040:

RT @RobRossi_Trib: #pens felt good about Kesler Tuesday. Started Wednesday not confident that #Canucks ownership would let the trade happen.

@RobRossi_Trib:

Told pens felt had substantial offer to Canucks. Feel ownership nixed plans for trade that would have sent Kesler to Pit

@TEAM1040:

RT @DarrenDreger: Told it was a feeding frenzy for Kesler. A few great offers made. At one point last week as many as 6 teams legit in play.

...what a hot mess. Teams picked up the price big time and MG had offers but greedy owners denied it to happen. Glad to know Aquilini is more concerned about money and revenue than creating a better teams. Lu situation 2.0...wow

For those of you blaming and pointing the finger at MG, you have the wrong person(s). The owners are calling the shots and dictating what can be done and what can't. MG is simply a puppet and can't do what's best for the team due to greedy owners!

MG did not cripple this team...he is being dictated to by the owners, IMO.

Tortorella is NOT the coach for this team and I blame him and his "style" for the poor play, and frustration of most players on this team!

This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!

Gillis needs to go. Moving Loungo for basicly nothing (which leave us with a rookie goalie as #1), and then making no moves today is a HUGE mistake. The owners here want a cup badly here, and Gillis is not the man to get the players we need, he has to go.

FIRE GILLIS!!

I do believe what I touched on earlier...that this is a situation whereby perhaps the owners and management aren't seeing eye to eye or have the same vision for the team. I honestly saw Gillis in his interviews as a man who was ready for change - welcomed it. Had resigned to the fact that it wouldn't work any other way. But it seems he may have had his hands tied to some degree...which would be awful, because you have to trust in the people in place to do their jobs.

If there is tension at that level it's bound to tricke down...need everyone on the same page and united in the venture. Everyone's bought into the Occupy Gillis mentality but he doesn't get the final say and that has to be considered. He's a puppet to some degree.

Either way, I'm ok. Still reeling over Lu being gone but knew it would happen one day (or would it?).

Glad Kes is here, Edler too. That's just my own deal and no one needs to be critical of differing opinions. They are just that.

I do think some fans are programmed for this to be Christmas...run down stairs and tear open the stocking and see what surprises we get. But it's not...deals are few and far between. More complex than "just get'r done". It. just. isn't. there. at. times. Can't force deals that just aren't surfacing.

I've learned to expect little to nothing. I'm ok with that...it's a desperate time with a deadline...things can get crazy. You can't "rebuild" in a day...it's like looking for a cheap shovel in the hardware store during a blizzard.

Set the bar low and you'll avoid the disappointment. It is what it is.

I wanted to see young scoring and picks to help turn the corner, but if the right deals weren't there I'm just fine with waiting. There's still the summer (draft deals and UFAs) and I find it hilarious how unrealistic some people are about what has (or hasn't) happened the last couple years.

One deal where ownership appears to have taken a stand does not mean they've been meddling in every deal. Some trades that didn't work or trades that didn't happen when you wanted them to under Gillis does not make him incompetent either.

It'd be great if everything worked perfectly for us and there wasn't reason to believe a perception that the NHL/Eastern media/refs/etc. are against us. Things don't always work out the way you want them to, and they could easily be worse.

If the rumors of owners/management group stopping the Kes trade I have to say this shows how little faith they have on Gillis ability to do his job and he should be fired! Also does anyone else think it was redudant to trade Diaz? Seriously a 5th round pick what is Gillis smoking?

well,,, at least we traded Lou at a deadline (just a year late :P )

I'm really starting to worry we are going the Flames route or finishing in slots 9,10,11 perpetually. We also seem to be continuning in alienating our players and forcing them out...... (be it owners or the GM)

Guess we'll see, I think a rebuild or at least large scale re-tooling is neccessary at this point, we haven't played great hockey for the better part of two years at this point.

this team has terrible ownership.

don't trade kes great, but aleast try to help this team of third liners with a goal scorer then we could have one on this team.

gillis taking the heat but none of this comes from him its all over his pay grade cr-ppy owners. just like the hiring of torts.

Archived