The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G

Honeydew

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt he gets to play another game. WD has no choice but to run with Lack now.

Markstrom blew his chance, enough said.

Willie picked the wrong team to start him. Division rival both fighting for playoff spots.

He was obviously nervous on the first one, second one was a broken play third one he was shook up and overthought the play/save.

Willy will give him another shot with an easy team on the road. Lack can't handle all the games and Markstrom needs to get back in there if he's going to get any confidence back. I bet it's sooner than expected.

Can't imagine how $&!#ty he feels about himself right now. That's going to take a while to get over. If he craps the bed in his next outting it will ruin him

Willy will give him another shot with an easy team on the road. Lack can't handle all the games and Markstrom needs to get back in there if he's going to get any confidence back. I bet it's sooner than expected.

Can't imagine how crapty he feels about himself right now. That's going to take a while to get over. If he craps the bed in his next outting it will ruin him

By next season we'll have nothing to show for the Luongo deal... brutal

• Upvote 1

not comparing him to Patrick Roy, I recall Patrick Roys first few games with the Avalanche was disastrious then he found his groove? Hope Markstrom can get some rebound, oh man.... painful.

That is probably the worst comparison I think i've ever heard.

Markstrom's been given basically the best chance for him to succeed this year with his all-star year in the AHL, Rollie the Goalie and Clooter going down to work with him and then this short stint to prove himself.

I don't think it could have gone worse. I don't think it reverses the progress he's made but boy does it ever leave a sour taste in your mouth. After all the talk and hype about him turning it around, only to lay an egg out there.

I agree with above that he needs a start, soon, and it better be good.

Edited by junglesniper

Media asked him the worst questions. They want to see him fail. "Do you think you have lost the coaches trust in you?" That's a straight up slap to the face question in my opinion. Sometimes I wonder how these guys sleep at night, then I remember it's all just a business and everyone is afraid they won't make enough money.

His teammates believe in him, so does his coaching staff. Nuff said.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate seeing people prey on those who are down on there luck.

Bullies in the workplace.

Media asked him the worst questions. They want to see him fail. "Do you think you have lost the coaches trust in you?" That's a straight up slap to the face question in my opinion. Sometimes I wonder how these guys sleep at night, then I remember it's all just a business and everyone is afraid they won't make enough money.

His teammates believe in him, so does his coaching staff. Nuff said.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate seeing people prey on those who are down on there luck.

Bullies in the workplace.

Media = Many journalists grasping for stories that aren't there and asking questions that are completely out of context unfortunately.