The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G

Honeydew

Well he won't get traded to any of the California teams; no change in LA, same for anaheim and San Jose will be going through a mini rebuild getting younger.

Are you a high level executive in Hockey management? You have as much experience in the field as me so saying there are "NO" consequences is just as stupid.

There are consequences to any move, and trading players right after you sign them to contracts doesn't look good on a UFA who is looking for security. Players, more and more, and coming out and saying that being traded is very hard because it is not just about hockey but its about their lives away from the rink. They have families they need to uproute, children they need to put in new schools/leave old friends, it does takes a toll. No player who is not seeking a trade will want a trade to happen because of those types of reasons.

"Doesn't look good". Yah right. Trading a player a year into their UFA contract will have no bearing on the Canucks' ability to attract other UFAs -- hence no consequence to the team in moving a player. But somehow you think that the team doing so is hurting itself from being able to sign future UFAs. Obviously you haven't come to the realization that ALL pro athletes without a full NMC and NTC have accepted that being traded/moved is a possible/probable event in their professional and personal lives.

I may not have a background in sports management, but I've spent close to 25 years in corporate management. I've been transferred and I have transferred/promoted people from one market to another on an international basis so I'm quite aware of the trials and tribulations of cross country, cross continental and cross border moves. That's my point of reference...how about yours? Oh yah. It's NHL15.

• Upvote 2

Looks like they are trying to get his confidences back. Lack can't play every game, can he?

i imagine eriksson will get the leafs, markstrom needs to get his confidence back after that 4 shot stinker.

Edited by avelanch

i imagine eriksson will get the leafs, markstrom needs to get his confidence back after that 4 shot stinker.

lmao i bet you Eriksson doesn't.

Yeah I'd imagine the plan is to play Eddie straight through to the LA game on the 21st. Call Markstrom back up before that weekend after he gets a few games and he gets the Sunday/Phoenix game on the back to back.

Probably done to give utica a boost as well.

Exactly.

It's pretty obvious Lack is gonna get the majority of games down the stretch until Miller is back.

No point in letting Markstrom get cold, while hurting Utica. (not that Eriksson wasn't getting it done, but Jacob's the better of the two)