The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2014 - First Round Pick

VegasCanuck

I would love to get Draisaitl. This guy is the next Kopitar mark my words. For our second choice I'd really like Virtanen or Ehlers. I have a strange feeling Perlini, and Ritche will bust.

Yup. Virtanen or Draisaitl for me as well.

Virtanen is like an Evander Kane lite.

Draisaitl looks like Kopitar.

Are you high?

Have you ever seen Craig's List before this year? He had William Carrier listed top ten... o_e

He has Adrian Kempe listed top ten this year. And Anthony DeAngelo listed top 15.

Stop listing these as potential draft spots.

Virtanen has been on his list below fifty all year, he ranks on potential not draft spot.

Virtanen is already skilled, his ceiling isn't high. He is top ten.

Don't think Virtanen will be picked anywhere below fifteen or you are kidding yourself.

We are probably picking between 6~10. It would be great if we can get Ehlers. The kid is really tearing it up at the Q. The next Pavel Bure.

great. now that you said that we have to listen to snypers hugging ehlers nuts for the next 2 hours.

1st Dalcolle or Virtanen

2nd Adam Olatts Mattson (shame we have so much goalie depth cause Thatcher Demko is sick)

3rd Alexis Vanier.

That's with the picks we currently have. A super solid forward and 2 incredibly large and fairly mobile D men.

Draisaitl sounds like the smartest player in the top 10. A great playmaker which is what we need.

Decent size too. Should top out at about 6'2" and 225 lbs.

He's the most NHL ready prospect from the projected 4-10 picks IMO.

Perlini sounds like he's the most complete player. Perfect blend of size, skill, and speed.

But I would be weary of taking him. His stock has risen too quickly IMO. He is still pretty unproven.

Nylander and Ehlers have the biggest chance to be game changers. High risk because of their size, but definitely high reward. They could be be electrifying NHL players.

I would go with Nylander though, since he's bigger and has great speed too. Plus he looks to be more NHL ready.

Ehlers has amazing speed, but may struggle more against bigger opponents.

Draisaitl sounds like the smartest player in the top 10. A great playmaker which is what we need.

Decent size too. Should top out at about 6'2" and 225 lbs.

He's the most NHL ready prospect from the projected 4-10 picks IMO.

Perlini sounds like he's the most complete player. Perfect blend of size, skill, and speed.

But I would be weary of taking him. His stock has risen too quickly IMO. He is still pretty unproven.

Nylander and Ehlers have the biggest chance to be game changers. High risk because of their size, but definitely high reward. They could be be electrifying NHL players.

I would go with Nylander though, since he's bigger and has great speed too. Plus he looks to be more NHL ready.

Ehlers has amazing speed, but may struggle more against bigger opponents.

I think Draisaitl fits our needs the most. He's already got the strength and size to possibly make the jump. If Kesler is on his way out over the next couple years it would be nice to have insurance on Horvat should he need more third line time.

It would also give us the flexibility when we trade him to not be so picky to take the best young centre available. Now you can trade him for a great young winger to compliment Leon. Or perhaps it's more of a hockey deal 1 for 1 situation getting Draisaitl a vet to take the pressure off.

Find it strange how so many posters have been like Virtanen is so small, Virtanen is a second round pick, only thing I can think of is now that it is evident we will be crashing and burning and having a top pick ppl are just looking at some stats and old rankings and posting here?

Either wayyy

Heres hoping to finishing 6th, 4th or 5th would be awesome, and winning the lottery would be a dreamm!

I want Leon as well! I like Ehlers more than Nylander, but to be honest I have not even watched a full game for nylander just highlights.

I just want the season to end and the draft to be here already, as fans its the only thing we have to look forward to its kinda sad!

Find it strange how so many posters have been like Virtanen is so small, Virtanen is a second round pick, only thing I can think of is now that it is evident we will be crashing and burning and having a top pick ppl are just looking at some stats and old rankings and posting here?

Either wayyy

Heres hoping to finishing 6th, 4th or 5th would be awesome, and winning the lottery would be a dreamm!

I want Leon as well! I like Ehlers more than Nylander, but to be honest I have not even watched a full game for nylander just highlights.

I just want the season to end and the draft to be here already, as fans its the only thing we have to look forward to its kinda sad!

^Imagine how the Leafers felt when they were sinking like a stone, AND had traded their 1st away!

Either wayyy

Yeah I'm curious about this Nylander fella. A lot of lists have him pretty high I just get turned off by his size..

Does anyone have any insight on him? Like is he one of those small guys who's pretty much a can't miss regardless? Or why is he usually the highest ranked of the tiny guys?

I think I remember hearing his name last year as one of the guys to watch t the next draft along with ekblad Reinhart so I guess he's been on the radar for some time.

Edit.. Just googled him and found this cool tid bid in the memorable moments section on elite prospects.

- 2013-02-12 • Made Allsvenskan debut (vs. Leksands IF). Nylander made his debut on the 2nd line alongside his father Michael Nylander and French forward Damien Fleury, he wore #88.

Pretty cool makes pro debut on dads line

Archived