The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks not out yet

Canuckseeesh

The worst part of all this is we could easily take at least 10 of the regulation losses and have moved them into the wins column of it wasn't for the ridiculous breakdowns they suffered. That tells me this is a team that barely if at all deserves to be in the playoffs.

So we are going to beat the Rangers, the Ducks twice and the LA Kings?

We don't have to "lose on purpose" to miss the playoffs we will miss the playoffs just because . . . We can't get any kind of win streak going and we have a backup goalie that our Coach won't/can't play which means Eddie who is a pretty darn good goalie must play picture perfect.

ALL of this is going to happen? This year is complete toast and that is not being negative, that is being real.

see that's the thing though... you say years of mediocrity for something beyond a long shot? look at EDM they got RNH Yakupov Hall Perron(from drafting paajarvi) the most sought out dman not in nhl named shultz and still are bottom feeders for how long now? Their best player is a player that wasn't drafted in the top 5 or even top 10 but a late pick in Eberle. Wanting to lose/losing doesn't only not "guarantee" a successful rebuild but promotes a bad mindset of how when things get tough just give up and try again next year.

as others have mentioned, how about the many other teams who have drafted high and then went on to great success? Why don't you mention them? The Oilers hovered around the middle of the pack before they really started to suck and get good draft picks.......that's the problem. All their best players are young guys, there's no peak of their career players there to support them in any meaningful way. They didn't get high draft picks through the late 90's and 2000's, and there's a huge gap there for them. The Canucks actually have some of those kinds of players who can support the upcoming young guys, and any potential high draft pick in the next 2 years.

But, hey, if middle of the pack and no significant improvement over the next 6-10 years works for you, that's great. I want more from the team I cheer for I guess.

We have 10 games left

We need at minimum to go 9 - 1 to finish with 92 points

Even 92 points probably will NOT be enough!

of the 10 remaining games we play

Host - BUF :)

@ - MIN -_-

@ - COL :shock:

Host - ANA :sadno:

- NYR :sick:

- LAK :sadno:

- ANA :sadno:

- COL :shock:

@ - EDM :picard:

Host - CGY :picard:

We have and can beat Colorado. We have and can beat NYR. There is no reason we can't beat Minne.. Anaheim is pretty well a loss but LA isn't a sure fire loss

We have and can beat Colorado. We have and can beat NYR. There is no reason we can't beat Minne.. Anaheim is pretty well a loss but LA isn't a sure fire loss

Winning the upcoming back to back against Minny and Colorado is a pretty tall order..Recent history has us playing poorly at the Excel Center and Colorado is probably the most improved team in the NHL .

Stranger things have happened

10 and 0 to make the show. :sadno:

Considering that we have a grand total of 8 wins in the last 30 games,

2 of those 8 wins were when Sully was coaching because Torts got himself suspended for being an idiot,

I really don't think 10 - 0 is going to happen

It will take 94-95 points to get 8th spot

Our drafting has landed us

Schneider(turned into Horvat)

Jensen (who is looking to be a 1st liner)

Shinkaruk

Kesler

Edler

Hansen

Bieksa

Sedin

Sedin

etc...

We haven't drafted as poorly as you say.

other than the Sedins and kesler.. who was drafted way back in the early 2000s... the rest of the players aren't really any studs.. Edler? the guy that keeps putting the puck in his own net that we are trying to get rid? hansen who can rarely finish? i'll reserve judgement on jensen, shinkaruk and horvat since they are still young into their career.. but in 14 years of drafting.. we only managed to get 5 or 6 legitimate NHL players?? pretty sad drafting if you ask me..

Players are professional, they will not tank.

That being said. We are lucky to be at .500 since January.

The odds are against us. It would be a miracle to make the playoffs.

We also need help from the other teams in the turtle derby to make the playoffs.

Pretty much a no go in the era of 3 point games. You can be a fan, but be honest enough with the

situation to realize making the playoffs are slim.

other than the Sedins and kesler.. who was drafted way back in the early 2000s... the rest of the players aren't really any studs.. Edler? the guy that keeps putting the puck in his own net that we are trying to get rid? hansen who can rarely finish? i'll reserve judgement on jensen, shinkaruk and horvat since they are still young into their career.. but in 14 years of drafting.. we only managed to get 5 or 6 legitimate NHL players?? pretty sad drafting if you ask me..

You're not taking into account that the Canucks have only had 2 picks in the top 10 in 14 years...Hodgson and Horvat..Why?..because we've been winning for the best part of the last decade..Hence,late picks and no blue chip studs..

You're not taking into account that the Canucks have only had 2 picks in the top 10 in 14 years...Hodgson and Horvat..Why?..because we've been winning for the best part of the last decade..Hence,late picks and no blue chip studs..

Luc Bourdon.

as others have mentioned, how about the many other teams who have drafted high and then went on to great success? Why don't you mention them? The Oilers hovered around the middle of the pack before they really started to suck and get good draft picks.......that's the problem. All their best players are young guys, there's no peak of their career players there to support them in any meaningful way. They didn't get high draft picks through the late 90's and 2000's, and there's a huge gap there for them. The Canucks actually have some of those kinds of players who can support the upcoming young guys, and any potential high draft pick in the next 2 years.

But, hey, if middle of the pack and no significant improvement over the next 6-10 years works for you, that's great. I want more from the team I cheer for I guess.

EDM isn't the only team what about NYI? CBJ? FLA? WPG/ATL? But that's not my point, my point is a high pick in the draft does not "GUARANTEE" a complete turn around or a player that will be a cornerstone for the future(could be a bust). You have to have good scouts. Furthermore, if you guys are hoping for years of mediocrity good luck with that. Cause firstly, this team is not finishing/ending up in the top 6 of the draft face it. 2nd if you honestly think this team is gonna be even worse next year.... don't hope for a high draft pick. This season was just a series of unfortunate events injuries in santo, daniel, hank, burr, dmen etc. looking at this roster unless we completely get rid of our core, don't expect to be drafting anywhere near the top 10 with garrison, bieksa, edler, tanev, sedins, kesler, burrows.

2011 #35-Jurco

2010 #21-Sheehan

2009 #60-Tatar and #32 Ferraro

2008 #121-Nyquist

2007 #21-Smith (first round pick) and #88 Andersson

2006 #41-Emmerton and #47 Matthias

2005 #19-Kindl(first round pick and #42 Abdelkader and #103 Ritola and #132 Helm

2004 #97-Franzen

No top 10 picks.

Two first round picks.

14 active NHL roster players in ten drafts.

One Stanley Cup. One Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

2011 #29 Jensen (1st round pick) and #150 Corrado

2010 No NHL players

2009 #22 Schroeder (1st round pick) and #83 Connauton (played NHL games for Dallas in Roy trade)

2008 #9 Hodgson (1st round pick)

2007 No NHL players (One 1st round pick-White)

2006 #14 Grabner(1st round pick)

2005 #10 Bourdon RIP (1st round pick) and #51 Raymond

2004 #26 Schneider (1st round pick) and #91 Edler and #159 Brown and #287 Hansen

Two top 10 picks.

Seven first round picks.

10 active NHL players(Corrado in AHL and RIP Luc)

One Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

2011 #35-Jurco

2010 #21-Sheehan

2009 #60-Tatar and #32 Ferraro

2008 #121-Nyquist

2007 #21-Smith (first round pick) and #88 Andersson

2006 #41-Emmerton and #47 Matthias

2005 #19-Kindl(first round pick and #42 Abdelkader and #103 Ritola and #132 Helm

2004 #97-Franzen

No top 10 picks.

Two first round picks.

14 active NHL roster players in ten drafts.

One Stanley Cup. One Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

2011 #29 Jensen (1st round pick) and #150 Corrado

2010 No NHL players

2009 #22 Schroeder (1st round pick) and #83 Connauton (played NHL games for Dallas in Roy trade)

2008 #9 Hodgson (1st round pick)

2007 No NHL players (One 1st round pick-White)

2006 #14 Grabner(1st round pick)

2005 #10 Bourdon RIP (1st round pick) and #51 Raymond

2004 #26 Schneider (1st round pick) and #91 Edler and #159 Brown and #287 Hansen

Two top 10 picks.

Seven first round picks.

10 active NHL players(Corrado in AHL and RIP Luc)

One Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Pretty brutal stats but unfortunately true.

From an org perspective the acquisition of an AHL franchise cannot be understated as far as the positive developments for the Canucks. I realize you have to draft well but development should improve.

Very disappointed that Yensen and Archie were not sent back to Utica in their drive for a playoff spot. It might make sense from a revenue sense to keep a hot Yensen in Vancouver but Utica making playoffs is more important for the overall good for player development.

The way I see it is that it looks as though we cannot finish worse than the 10th pick overall if we don't make the playoffs

NJD picks 30th so they don't count

DAL is 3 pts up with 2 gms in hand

PHX is 5 pts up with 1 gm in hand

CLB is 4 pts up with 2 gms in hand

WSH is 5 pts up with 0 gms in hand

DET is 5 pts up with 2 gms in hand

TOR is 6 pts up with 0 gms in hand

All the teams in front of us are fighting for their playoff lives, they will fight to the very end!

We can go ahead and chase PHX and DAL

It really doesn't matter at this point if we win lots of games, we will still get the 10th overall pick.

Archived