The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

If Sanchez is not injured or dealing with soreness for why he is not pitching tomorrow, just goes to show Gibbons needs to be gone, he is the one holding this team back.

I'm thinking it's a general consensus that CDC does, in fact, hate Gibby. For the record I also don't like Anthopolous though I do like some of his moves (Travis and Donaldson for example).

I'm thinking it's a general consensus that CDC does, in fact, hate Gibby. For the record I also don't like Anthopolous though I do like some of his moves (Travis and Donaldson for example).

I haven't like AA since the day he joined the Blue Jays, it was stupid to bring in a guy who had no baseball experience or background in the first place, just asking to fail. It just doesn't make sense to have a pitcher pitch tomorrow, who has never pitched an MLB inning in his life. I could see if they were say 10-15 games out of first place, or were in first place by a lot, but when it's this close and your on a 7 game winning streak just goes to show how clueless this management organization is.

If Sanchez is not injured or dealing with soreness for why he is not pitching tomorrow, just goes to show Gibbons needs to be gone, he is the one holding this team back.

He's skipping start to rest his arm and keep his pitch count down.

That's a good strategy for a pitcher his age. Don't want to wear him out or damage his shoulder.

The last thing we need is making the same mistake that happened to Strasburg.

Angel Hernandez lol. What a hero.

Angel Hernandez loves to screw the Jays. Does it every year. Squeezes our pitchers but gives the opposition pitchers a country mile. Clown.

He was absolutely brutal on the outside edge yesterday. I was swearing at the tv all game long.

It bears mentioning that although it was a bad idea for Osuna to pitch to Stanton, the HR should never have happened because he was struck out two pitches before. Hernandez blew the call as he had already several times during the game.

To add insult to injury, he had rung up Edwin an inning before on a pitch that was further outside than the pitch to Giancarlo.

Fortunately, EE was able to take the parrot for a walk in the 9th...

Missed the game again! You guys are good for updates tho. Another win! Three more dingers eh? Good to hear. I'm hoping like hell this isn't a re-run of last year. Maybe AA solidifies the staff at the deadline this year if needed. Sitting in the middle of the Shuswap today. Zero wind. I suck, I know. Cheers!

Donaldson

17 HRs: 4th in the league

45 RBIs: 5th in the league

78 HS: 3rd in the league

51 Rs: 1st in the league

.318 AVG: 15th in the league

.592 SLG: 6th in the league

.962 OPS: 8th in the league

3.6 WAR: 5th in the league

Favourite Blue Jay this year. Can you say early MVP favourite or what? Not to mention a defensive stud. Pray he remains healthy throughout the year. Been the heart of this team, talking the talk and walking the walk.

Donaldson

17 HRs: 4th in the league

45 RBIs: 5th in the league

78 HS: 3rd in the league

51 Rs: 1st in the league

.318 AVG: 15th in the league

.592 SLG: 6th in the league

.962 OPS: 8th in the league

3.6 WAR: 5th in the league

Favourite Blue Jay this year. Can you say early MVP favourite or what? Not to mention a defensive stud. Pray he remains healthy throughout the year. Been the heart of this team, talking the talk and walking the walk.

I agree..I love the guy..mucho talent and clutch bigtime

Turns out the Phillies are willing to trade Papelbon and the Blue Jays and Cubs are the teams interested. I think this is what the Jays need.

The Philadelphia Phillies are ready to trade closer Jonathan Papelbon. They are willing to pay a significant portion of his contract. The only question is how the story ends.

The Phils have engaged in recent trade discussions with both Blue Jays and Cubs about Papelbon, according to major-league sources. No deal with either club appears close; the talks are at an “impasse,” one source said.

Papelbon, 34, is guaranteed more than $8 million for the rest of this season, and his $13 million option for next season will vest if he finishes 26 more games; he has finished 22 thus far.

The trade talks hinge on a sliding scale. The Phillies are willing to pay a large percentage of Papelbon’s remaining money to land better prospects. The Jays and Cubs want to pay as little as possible in both dollars and players.

Here, according to sources, is where the conversations stand:

The most recent talks between the Phillies and Jays were late last week. Since then, the Phils have increased their scouting of the Jays’ minor-league affiliates, trying to identify players they might want in a trade.

Papelbon has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to block a deal to the Blue Jays, but the Jays do not believe that would be an issue.

“Yes, Toronto interests me — if it interests (Phillies general manager) Ruben (Amaro Jr.),” Papelbon told CSNPhilly.com in spring training. “I know some of the guys on their coaching staff. They’re a good team. If Ruben can do a deal with them, I’d be interested.”

He is 12-for-12 in save opportunities this season with a 1.13 ERA. In 24 innings, he has struck out 29 and walked only six and allowed just one home run.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/philadelphia-phillies-jonathan-papelbon-trade-talks-toronto-blue-jays-chicago-cubs-061015

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup