The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

If JD isn't the MVP.. Baseball is rigged.

Absolutely. His sac fly score was just ridiculous. Who the heck scores on a sac fly to the 2nd basemen? Unreal. The effort was extraordinary, jawdropping levels. He is the heartbeat and the team feeds off him.

...in hockey terms, JD is the definition of a player who gives it his all on every single shift. Greatest Jays player I've ever seen play hands down. Plays like every shift (time out there) is his last. I salute him. Just incredible.

Also, lost in the Ryan Goins heroics last night was a huge effort from Dalton Pompey, who's steal of second and third led to the Jays' third run, which they scored without the benefit of a hit...

From a personal perspective none of that was lost on me. That was amazing to see Pompey literally fly his way 180 feet and set himself up to score.

Not to mention pulling out the small-ball win against tough pitching.

Absolutely. His sac fly score was just ridiculous. Who the heck scores on a sac fly to the 2nd basemen? Unreal. The effort was extraordinary, jawdropping levels. He is the heartbeat and the team feeds off him.

...in hockey terms, JD is the definition of a player who gives it his all on every single shift. Greatest Jays player I've ever seen play hands down. Plays like every shift (time out there) is his last. I salute him. Just incredible.

First out of the dugout when Goins smoked the walkoff. The only legit knock against him are his many errors.

I love Josh Donaldson. I caught a foul ball tonight that he hit! Although I didn't keep it and opted to give it to the 7 year old beside me. He was very happy so it was worth it.

I know this has nothing to do with the team itself, but Rogers Centre dropped Pizza Pizza and got Pizza Nova. PN is nasty. Terrible move!

Edited by Xbox

I love Josh Donaldson. I caught a foul ball tonight that he hit! Although I didn't keep it and opted to give it to the 7 year old beside me. He was very happy so it was worth it.

I know this has nothing to do with the team itself, but Rogers Centre dropped Pizza Pizza and got Pizza Nova. PN is nasty. Terrible move!

Nice of u.

How was the popcorn?

Not a sabermetrics guy, but Josh Donaldson's 7.58 WAR is tops in the AL and 3rd in the majors behind only Greinke and Bryce Harper (who both somehow have a WAR rating above 8). Trout isn't that far behind at 7.51.

Any of you people sabermetrics junkies? Stats like WAR can be influenced by other factors (eg. infield shifts), so some context would probably be helpful when comparing players.

Rogers is the question mark. Jays will make the playoffs and once Rogers see the numbers, I think Rogers will be OK with keeping Price. Obviously if the unthinkable happens and we lose our playoff spot, theres no chance in hell he will be back.

I bought a Price Blue Jays shirt today at the team store so hopefully it has a use next year. That, and the Jays need to keep him to remain competitive. If he does re-sign, that basically closes the door for MB or Dickey (probably MB) being here next year.

Rogers is the question mark. Jays will make the playoffs and once Rogers see the numbers, I think Rogers will be OK with keeping Price. Obviously if the unthinkable happens and we lose our playoff spot, theres no chance in hell he will be back.

I bought a Price Blue Jays shirt today at the team store so hopefully it has a use next year. That, and the Jays need to keep him to remain competitive. If he does re-sign, that basically closes the door for MB or Dickey (probably MB) being here next year.

Rogers is retarded tho. Like competitiveness = sold out crowds = increasing ticket prices = bigger TV numbers = huge in game purchases = massive profit. And they'll prolly let him walk and be satisfied with mediocrity.

Ill be so pissed. I go to Blue Jays games pretty often and the atmosphere in the park recently has been insane and so much fun to be a part of. Usually it's depressing and dead by this time each year. You walk into the stadium and you just feel the difference. I can't really explain it lol

• Upvote 1