The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

BoSox broadcasters already talking about poaching JB or EE to be the DH after Ortiz retires.

I could see Boston easily doing that, but I think it also depends on what they do with Sandoval, if they don't trade him he may become the next DH, only place for him.

40 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know it's only one game, but David Price's Fenway debut is exactly what was hoped for.

So far the O's have put up 5 runs in 3 innings.

5-5 now. Bosox bats are good this yr, get them out of poor pitching.

55 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

5-5 now. Bosox bats are good this yr, get them out of poor pitching.

Yeah, saw that too.

FWIW, I'd like to see the Bosox win, as the O's haven't lost yet. My post was more to show people who have been panicking over the Jays that a week into the season really tells us nothing.

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

At least if we lose Bautista or Edwin next year this kid looks very promising, just not sure if they should keep him at 3rd base with Donaldson in front of him, but still this kid I think will be great. Rumor has it he's as great as his father, and better!

Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

He'll develop into a star, good as his dad and then watch the Jays unload him when they have to pay him.

2 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

I've said one of JB or EE or maybe even both end up with Red Sox or Yankees. Price being with Sox obviously helps their case in trying to recruit them.

I've always had a feeling (at least since Bautista broke out) that JB would end up a Yankee.

4 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I've always had a feeling (at least since Bautista broke out) that JB would end up a Yankee.

No thank you. We don't need him. We have a very good young core of homegrown players coming in whom will fill the void left by expiring FA. Aaron Judge is a monster

19 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

He'll develop into a star, good as his dad and then watch the Jays unload him when they have to pay him.

Lol I know what you mean. But they have invested in him already, signed him last year for 3.9M bonus, not sure how it looks for this year but they seem invested in him. 

Also after further looking into him, turns out he doesn't have the arm or legs like his Dad, but his bat and zone are as great as his Dads and better. Thinking that if this guy's going to have a career in the MLB it will have to be 1st base or DH.

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lol I know what you mean. But they have invested in him already, signed him last year for 3.9M bonus, not sure how it looks for this year but they seem invested in him. 

Also after further looking into him, turns out he doesn't have the arm or legs like his Dad, but his bat and zone are as great as his Dads and better. Thinking that if this guy's going to have a career in the MLB it will have to be 1st base or DH.

By reports online, he's working hard to get in shape. Have to remember he's only 17 and a couple years away from being a pro so his game and fitness are very underdeveloped at the moment. But if he pans out to reach his full potential, boy is it going to be fun to watch Blue Jays home games! 

15 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Sign Bats move him to DH, collect the pick for EE walking and sign somebody like Josh Reddick for the outfield.

Pretty much this. 

Or you could trade EE for a plethora of quality prospects near the deadline. Or EE for a top notch pitcher. Lots of options. 

Edited by Jiggs50