The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

15 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Lol dude stop defending Jose. After the push it was gonna be a scrap and Odor just caught him with a fast one. Accept it and move on. We'll see what happens in round 2. 

I was just saying the same thing to my co-workers. He should've been throwing haymakers as soon as Odor went for the push. He knew it was going to be a fight. If he didn't, the slide should've never happened.

Another thing I don't like is that Bautista cost his team a chance to, at least, tie the game. If he wanted to get them back, remember that at bat. The next time he hits a home run, do the exact same bat flip again. Use it to get under their skin and get them off their game. Seems much more productive to me.

Now he's going to miss a couple games and cost the Jays one of their big bats. I know there's a "code", but there are other ways to get back at them down the road. 

That being said, I hope they meet in the postseason again. It would be epic. 

The amount of bitching and moaning from the Rangers over the bat flip is unbelievable. I tend to fall on the side against bat flips and exuberant celebrations but in the case of Bautista's bat flip I have no issue. One of the biggest moments in the franchise's history and one of the biggest in recent years for baseball period, you deserve to celebrate that how you want. If you don't want to get shown up like that, don't absolutely serve up a fastball to one of the best power hitters in the game in that situation. I truly believe they're just salty cause they had the ALDS in their hands and simply blew it. 

• Upvote 3

CiiKkcKWUAApQgR.jpg

The memes have been unending following the dust up. I got to say this one is pretty good.

CBS's Mike Axisa offered this " The "U-S-A!" chants meant to mock the Blue Jays are so impossibly stupid. Is Odor, who was born and raised in Venezuela, supposed to take that a sign of support? Good grief, people."

A fight between a Dominican and a Venzuelan is reason to chant "USA". LOL

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hopefully this is what lights the fire underneath the Blue Jays.  They can't expect a repeat of last year post-all-star break.

I agree. This could be a team building moment for the Jays, especially with the US media painting them as the bad guys. Time to adopt an "Us against the world" mentality.

16 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

"Odor was pissed at Bautista because of his slide"

He would know about dirty slides.

He went right for the shin there. Could have broken it. Definitely intentional, no doubt about it. Bautista's slide was deep but he didn't target the leg and he let up at the end.

I think at the end of the day, the kind of punch that Odor threw at Bautista doesn't belong in baseball. Shoving, sure but punching? Even in the NHL where fighting is accepted, you don't throw cheap shots like that unless it's in a fight where both players agreed to. 

I think Odor just opened himself up to having punches thrown at him in the future. Anything is a fair game when it comes to Odor now.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Frack Texas. Seriously get over the bat flip, already. Rangers history is total joke, they've never won anything.

Here we go again with Canada/US crap. Canada being painted by US as hooligan's and bad person.

Never won anything and have choked hard whenever they came close to doing so. 

But yea, just hope the team rallies around what happened and take an "us against the world" approach. Still have quite a bit of things to iron out and aren't at the level they need to be if they expect to be a playoff team. 

...3-10 in 1 run games, 0-16 in games when allowing more than 4 runs...