The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I guess if you boil it right down, the Jays are

1. Offence

2. Defence

3. Pitching

But the pitching has improved in the last couple months, even without the addition of Price, so yeah it's the weakest part but not really a glaring weakness. Bull pen's a little bit of a question mark.

That Osuna? guy is impressive as hell though. Watched him the last few weeks and he's been rock solid. Only 20 years old too?

That was a hit.

I'm guessing that you were talking about that disputed foul ball. I think the ump got the call right, but I was shaking my head at Buck and Tabby during the whole controversy.

"It looks like it kicked up some chalk..." says Buck. Tabby agrees.

Hey guys, those aren't chalk lines. They're painted on.

What you saw is the silica sand and rubber particles that they use on this type of turf to give it some give. It's the same stuff that gets kicked up on every ground ball. Also the reason that we've been talking all season about how slow this turf is. :rolleyes:

What makes this worse is the fact that they actually pointed out that there aren't any chalk lines at the Rog earlier in the season, when one of the Jays had a close call go against him. In that case a foul call was made on what would otherwise been a ground rule double.

I'd expect some confusion on the road, but at home it was pretty poor knowledge of how the filed is designed.