The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

only reason I wanted him fired was if we have a good replacement and right now lets be honest you need a experienced gm to fix this not Linden or Naslund.

Nicholson or Burke. Any other replacement will end up being a disaster short term and long term

DO NOT SAY BURKE! Dear Gordie no! :frantic:

I am absolutely astonished at this damn fan base.

How many people are saying this is a mistake now? Give me a break.

We've been calling for his head for 2 years!

Mike Gillis, is a classless buffoon, and this organization can finally get back on track without him at the helm.

You tools need to wake up.

It's CDC's #1 "Real" fan, here to call Gillis a "classless buffoon" and the rest of us "tools".

Your bridge is calling.

Mike Gillis will win a cup with another organization before the Canucks win the cup.

If only you could downvote me all to hell!

totally agree with you firing AV and gillis have to be this organizations worst moves in their history. Now it's basically a guarantee we will suck for 5-10 years. Gillis was just starting to rebuild this team (kassian, horvat, shinkaruk, Maithas,) they fired him to early.

stop being in denial look at the canucks record agaisnt the conteders last year and look at it now. AV is the better coach hands down and firing him was a huge mistake. This is even a bigger mistake. I can't believe this our team is being dismantled just like every other canadian team that goes to the finals does. This is a sad sad day.

Their record against California teams was almost as bad last year as it was this year (not to mention the last two playoffs against LA/SJ). MG had the rug pulled out from under his feet with the division switch. The Canucks have to be built to win against the Ducks, Sharks and Kings from now on. It's not all on MG like most people like to think but a change makes sense. The Canucks need to refocus.

lets hope not. Torts was the biggest reason for the Canucks failure. He skated a tean with plenty of talent and obviously didn't kniow how to use it. His system if you can call it that was a joke. Folks talk about how well we were doing in december. You need to go back and watch the video if you think Torts had it under control way back when -- December. There was a reason he was fired by the Rangers -- same reson here he needs to go. Hopefully new GM cleans house.

To people saying "he had to go", do you remember when they said that about Vigneault? Remember how that worked out for us?

Seems the Rangers are doing just fine with the guy that was "the" problem last year.

I agree.

People here have no clue...including me. We don't know the issues behind the scene or what develops under the surface. People want to chant something and glom onto whatever it is in a hot ticket item deal. Rah rah rah.

Fire AV. Fire Gillis. Vote for Rory. It's never ending.

I, for one, feel MG did a good job for the most part and think we keep looking for fall guys and a process of elimination means we have to have replacements. They aren't always guaranteed to be upgrades. We'll see, but I am apprehensive and don't feel the urge to rejoice here.

The Owners have the right to hire and fire as they wish .. this franchise will lose money like a Madof investment .. I hope Gillis enjoys his 8 million .. as someone else said .. the inmates are in charge .. bring in Messier as the Capo to this Mafioso Menagerie .. Gretzky as Coach .. :canucks:

Archived