The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

All of these trade proposals for Evander Kane are ridiculous. He is the LAST guy that I would want the Canucks to trade for. Immature and overrated.

All true. But keep in mind that many said the same things about Tyler Seguin...and who wouldn't want a piece of him now? Kane presumably won't be an immature brat forever.

Sign me up, as much as we dislike Boston, if following their footsteps can win us a cup I'm all for it.

As much as we all hate Boston, got to admit they have built the team the right way. Bring in a bunch of big scary guys who still have skill. Pretty much set for success.

If we do get Benning, and he can bring the same success imagine the future ahead...

Doubt Lucic would bite on a trade to Vancouver, his recent visits back home has been atrocious- getting sucker punched numerous times downtown and having things thrown at him. He openly said that he doesn't like Vancouver anymore.

Good.

Based on what Linden said in the Q&A it seems pretty clear Benning is the front runner.

"His team may play in the Stanley Cup Final"

"I may have played with him a long time ago, short period of time"

"Someone that might have been part of this organization at some point"

Linden:

"I want to talk to some candidate GM's in the playoffs, keep in mind they might even make it to the finals so it could take a while"

"Has been a part of this organization"

"Someone with Experience"

"Drafting is my number one focus"

"It may be someone I played with years ago, but I'll take the best candidate"

= Benning 99%. This is comforting news.

Wish we could just cut to the chase and hire him! I'm very pro-moving forward. I'd like to get this last year of misery in the rear view mirror :lol:

Think of it as the 12 step program.

We've got the end of the season, draft lottery and few other dominoes to fall before we get to that stage. It'll happen soon enough. I'd expect before that June deadline. I think Benning would leave while the team is still playing or, at least, have conducted interviews.

I remember when we ran out to get Messier, striped Mr. home town hero of his C and went with the if you can't beat them join them theory. We thought we had just landed the best leader in the history of the game. I hope we are not just looking at Benning with defeatist rose coloured glasses.

Yes, I liked MG. Torts brought us this year, I know , I know he's gone too.

Archived