The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sabers shopping Erhoff amoung others

$4 mill cap hit is pretty good for a player like Ehrhoff. I mean, Edler, Garrison, and Hamhuis all have higher cap hits.

I haven't followed Ehrhoff much since he left Van, and it's entirely possible that when he was here, he was on a career surge just like everyone else, and just like everyone else, he has severely declined since. But when he was here, he was one of the best. Our entire PP worked the way it did because of him and he was the most solid defensively as well.

Real unfortunate that we couldn't re-sign him. We still haven't replaced what he brought to the lineup IMO

Wow I'd be interested in all those players to be honest. Ehrhoff is Ehrhoff and we all know what he brings to the pp. Stewart is a big intimidating powerforward but I'd be the least interested in him just because he takes too many shifts off. Stafford is like a Higgins type of player but with more offensive upside. I'm surprised to see Marcus Foligno on the block, isn't he supposed to be really promising?

Trade some picks and prospects for Ehrhoff.

The chemistry with the Sedins is already there. If they wanna fix the powerplay that's the fastest fix right there.

Only if it's prospects like Sauve, or someone expendable. He's turning into just another player like Edler. Offensive minded, but suspect defensively.

Erhoff's remaining salary is 3 years@ 4mill, 1 @ 3 mill, 3 years @ 1mill... Hypothetically, if we were to acquire him and he were to retire early, would Buffalo get penalized if they didn't end up retaining salary (like we did with Lu)? Or would we take the hit?

Yeah, they will get penalized either way since they tried circumventing the cap.

$4 mill cap hit is pretty good for a player like Ehrhoff. I mean, Edler, Garrison, and Hamhuis all have higher cap hits.

I haven't followed Ehrhoff much since he left Van, and it's entirely possible that when he was here, he was on a career surge just like everyone else, and just like everyone else, he has severely declined since. But when he was here, he was one of the best. Our entire PP worked the way it did because of him and he was the most solid defensively as well.

garrison for erhoff

Real unfortunate that we couldn't re-sign him. We still haven't replaced what he brought to the lineup IMO

I don't know about acquiring him, I mean he did believe his best chance for the cup would be in Buffalo. :bigblush:

lol true... but now gillis is gone he won't be saying that.. erhoff was mad at gillis for not giving him a little bit more dough... i mean erhoff did bolster the canucks offense huge when he was here...

Archived