The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

20 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Report: Jake Paul vs. ex-UFC champ Tyron Woodley boxing match in the works - Bloody Elbow

Report: Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley boxing match in the works

The former UFC welterweight champion appears to be intent on making good on his quest for revenge after Paul KO’d longtime teammate Ben Askren back in April.

Wadda ya think Chick?

T-Wood is a way better striker than Askren but he hasn't knocked anyone out since 2012 I think. He also is a wrestler first, that has had success with his overhand right but not a crisp striker.

Gotta give props to Jake here as it's a real opponent but Tyquil has looked pretty washed up for a bit now. 

That said, Woodley can put anyone to sleep. Power. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wadda ya think Chick?

T-Wood is a way better striker than Askren but he hasn't knocked anyone out since 2012 I think. He also is a wrestler first, that has had success with his overhand right but not a crisp striker.

Gotta give props to Jake here as it's a real opponent but Tyquil has looked pretty washed up for a bit now. 

That said, Woodley can put anyone to sleep. Power. 

Winnable fight for Jake... I think they are relying on being able to counter T-Wood's overhand right.. which is his main striking weapon. Hopefully Woodley can surprise him with some skills like a strong left hook, a stiff jab, or something to mix it up.

At least we don't have to worry about Woodley showing up like an out of shape couch potato... I just hope he doesn't get "bought" for am easy fall... the Askren finish still looked a bit suspect/early to me

6 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

IMG_20210601_024239.jpg

Hard not to believe him.

The only part that has me slightly intrigued is the massive weight discrepancy, and Logan looking huge af these days. He's training in puerto rico too apparently lol

but at the end of the day the end result should be the same. a clean money W.

image.png.3ee13b8dc2e6a1142ed666248a800a32.png

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Logan has to weigh in at 190.

He'll be fighting around 205- 210.

Floyd has never fought heavier than 150.

50 pound weight difference is sizeable.

All part of the gimmick though.. I should try to find Logan's only other fight to see how bad he is 

Just now, Chicken. said:

50 pound weight difference is sizeable.

All part of the gimmick though.. I should try to find Logan's only other fight to see how bad he is 

Floyd will clinch up, as he should and start lighting up the kid after a few rounds when Logan is frustrated and gassed.

Unless...the big young bull lands some hard shots early, as you said....50lbs...that's a lot. 

Floyd literally carried the kid through the fight.

The claims of fix are already flying around. There is one point where it looks like Floyd stops Logan from falling after right hook.

After seeing Askren go down so quick.....these Paul matches are looking like the joke everyone thought they would be. 

Boxing has fallen to the point where former greats are contibuting to it's fall.

Mayweather and McGregor

Tyson and  Jones

Mayweather and Paul.

All meaningless hype, cash cows.

Been rumours of Holyfield and Tyson, hoping NOT.

Such a shame.

I lost interest when they weren't making it an official fight. I really wish Floyd KO'd Logan so we wouldn't have to see more of the "from Youtube to the ring" type fights, but this will just encourage it even more.

I watched the first part of "The Kings" tonight.  It's a four part documentary on the 80's era careers of Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns.

I thought it was really good.  I liked the way they intertwined the fights and the politics of the day.

If the next three episodes are as good as the first it should be well worth watching.

Showing on Crave on Sundays at 7pm.

• Cheers 1