The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You are Trevor Linden. Which GM/coach combo do you hire?

Bobby_Lu1ngo

GM - Jim Benning
Coach - Barry Trotz

Benning has a rare ability to evaluate talent, both amateur and professional, and whether it's drafting, trading, or signing free agents, he seems to find those proper pieces that fit together.

Trotz knows what to do with that talent. He is a proven developer of players and also knows how to get the most out of them.

I see it as a great fit, even though "Trotz" isn't far off from "Torts". Just stick to "Barry" if this happens, Farhan.

Wow people here must love trap, 2-1 hockey games. Was it just me or were Nashville-Van games really fucking boring to watch? Yet many wanna see out team play Trotz hockey :picard: we don't have the speed anymore to counter attack in a trap system either. Oh and one last thing lack doesn't = Rinne.

Benning or Hextal for GM.

Guy Carbeneau for Coach.

i think people are too hung up on benning.

i'd go paul fenton and barry trotz.

The guy was at least partly responsible for drafting Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville, Derek Roy, Paul Guustad, Dan Paille and Dennis Wideman, Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic and the envy of every NHL team Brad Marchand. Canucks despperately need someone who can draft well like Benning.

The Canucks won't win many games playing a defensive game, they need to control the puck and defend by attacking.

Not sold on Trotz for Vancouver. If the Canucks want to play an offensive puck possession game, they would be better off with a guy like McLellan (if available) than a guy like Trotz. Nashville has had offensive struggles at times, Canucks need to start scoring.

Archived