The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

will a signed Booth puck go down in value now? lol

I kind of wish we kept Booth. I thought he was starting to come into his own. I understand he's not worth the 4.5mill he was making but it seemed like some games last year he was the only one giving it his all. Seemed like he was putting up 5+ hits a game.

Hmm

Booth was improving finally. Why now?

Prepare for tank mode. The Canucks aren't in a position to attract free agents. So the cap space means little.

I've heard a lot of fan freakouts, but a Booth buyout signalling tank mode is a new one on me.

Because we were gonna win with him in the lineup?

I'd rather have his cap space with the off chance a free agent or a higher salary trade is a possibility than stick with Booth another year.

The only thing the buyout signals to me is that management wants room to play with. I'm cool with that.

Yes, because Allah wills it.

I would love to have Niskanen. He shoots right too which fixes a lot of our d pairing problems.

The only question is what do we do with the rest of our money? Only assuming Jensen on the team, we could sign 2 FAs/acquire 2 players through trades at 6 million each. That's a lot of freaking cap space! Not to mention the depth we could have with that amount of cap space and a couple young guns.

Niskanen for sure.

Kas, Tanev, Santo, etc need re-signing.

Maybe JB wants to make a trade and have enough cap to bring back a player.

Sadly Booth is damaged goods. That's why Florida was willing to make the trade.

Multiple concussions, and a knee injury has seriously derailed his career. Maybe he can be a useful 3rd liner for a team that needs depth.

Still, pity we couldn't have just gotten a 7th round pick in 2016 for him or something.

Willy Fox eh... got me thinking maybe Booth is crazy like a Fox, hunt a few bears, screw around abit on utube basically cruise through the contract on the injury reserve list or dog house until he was sure he would be bought out, then turn it on for 10 games so he can have a shot at getting resigned...

Boom a cool 4.75 Mil from us and 2 to 4? or 5?Million from ...let me guess... Florida...fun in the sun shootin' gators!

time to go to bed...

we've been waiting for booth to arrive since the day he arrived. ongoing history of injuries, lack of chemistry, external distractions blah blah blah. he gets a few points down the stretch when it doesn't matter and now it's time to give him another season to play to his potential? forget about it. cap space and roster spots people. wake up! the change we've been waiting for is upon us!

Kinda liked the guy, but never seemed to fit in. He was brought in as Kesler's buddy, but didn't really seem to ever click with Kesler. Even if he did, Kesler is out the door anyhow.

As with everyone else Kesler played with,it was Kesler that never clicked with anyone !

I've heard a lot of fan freakouts, but a Booth buyout signalling tank mode is a new one on me.

Because we were gonna win with him in the lineup?

I'd rather have his cap space with the off chance a free agent or a higher salary trade is a possibility than stick with Booth another year.

The only thing the buyout signals to me is that management wants room to play with. I'm cool with that.

That's just it, the cap space as I said is irrelevant. Who wants to sign in Vancouver right now? Booth was on the uptick. Was he worth the $4.5 mil? No. But it's not a given that cap space will be better used if they spend it on a FA. They will have to overpay for any FA to begin with, and probably give a long term. Does that fit with a team looking to get younger?

Thanks for the hard work here Booth! Things didn't really turn out how everyone had expected but I could see that Booth worked hard here and and did the best he could. If not for all those injury problems I would think that he could have done better in Vancouver. Good luck in the future!

Agreed, his first season here he was on 20+ goal pace, 16 goals in 56 games. Then the injuries started. I think he will bounce back, it takes time to recover from the type of injury he had.

I actually feel sorry for Booth. However he never understood the "team" part of the game. Until this last season I always thought he played like he was the only Canuck on the ice.

No player can legislate for serious injuries and he had a few. He was being paid far too much for his skill set imo. He was never more than 3rd line material and for that he was overpaid.

I think he was a bad deal for us and we could have done better at $2.5-3M

Good luck to David in the future I hope he proves me wrong with another team.

You seem to have got players mixed up .You're actually describing Kesler, at least in your 1st line.

I can see the Isles, NJ, Calgary, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh, any host of teams looking for a low cost moneyball reclamation player giving him a chance. He finished the back half of last season well enough to show at 2 mil he can bring value to a team and provide potential for upside still. Someone in need of a big winger who can skate, and potentially score if he finds his game will give him a shot. I really see NJ and NYI being very interested in grabbing him....NJ simply because they need the potential he can bring, hope of finding his scoring and he's big enough to play their style. NYI, heck maybe he can play on the left side of Tavares and find his game? Left side of Crosby or Malkin? He won't look bad on those teams....

Archived