The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[report] pitts and carolina ask LA to interviews stevens; canucks has not

Really? Can't read more than one tweet a day?

I would assume Vancouver will (or has), too, but I can't prove it yet:)

Maybe he already said he wasn't interested in coaching in Canada.

The Canucks have probably already contacted him.

Friedman didn't report it cause he doesn't have a source.

Nucks seem to be holding their cards close to their chest on EVERYTHING.

I think Linden has learned that the media likes to create garbage around the team the more you divulge. I think the team may have instituted a 'keep our stuff in house' policy.

As many have noticed, given how quiet and guarded they've been, we really haven't see much of our friend Dreger bashing down Kesler's value, or anything else around our team have we? lol

Linden and Benning are smart men, don't give the media fodder, they get bored quickly and move on where they can drum up controversy and sell copy - ie Winnipeg, Ottawa, Toronto now....

I wouldn't be surprised if we've asked but also asked the other side to keep it private.

From what I heard, they have flushed out the moles from the organization and that some hacks in the media are pissed about it. Perfect

Sounds like Stevens may stay with the Kings. Sutter may be rumored to step down and Stevens to take his place, and/or one would think Stevens is being groomed to take over from Sutter at some point in time.

Ian MacIntyre (Sun) mentioned he had heard this in an TEAM 1040 interview the other day. Bob McKenzie (TSN) mentioned this as well.

:)

I agree.

Guess it's looking more and more like it's Desjardins since Mike Johnston has been available for some time now.

Love your sig and avatar btw.

I was thinking the same on Desjardins, and I would be perfectly fine with the Canucks hiring him. I just hope we interview Stevens at some point, which I'm guessing we will.

And thanks, same to you. Hopefully the Azzurri can make plenty more plays like that this year. ;)

If Stevens decides to stay with the Kings that makes sense. Job security and fit are pretty important variables in employment anywhere, and some people are very comfortable in supporting roles rather than being the "face" of the coaching staff. Especially if he is well paid, why move? Interesting.

Elliot friedman tweeted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/478957480542613504

Wowwwww thoughts??

Edit in my opinion i firstly think it means benning is not intetested but every one thinks thats wrong so i hope they are all right

I'm sure someone has already said it but way to omit that the next tweet by Friedman was that he was sure the Canucks will or had also asked but just didn't have the source to prove it.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

I would assume Vancouver will (or has), too, but I can't prove it yet:)

Dave Molinari@MolinariPG

Word circulating that Los Angeles has not -- and likely will not -- give other teams permission to talk to John Stevens about coaching jobs.

Along with the rumours that Stevens might not want to go, especially if he's being groomed to replace Sutter, this explains why there's no official report of the Canucks asking for permission. Since they were already in the coaching search last year, they might have gotten a similar answer and would know not to ask again. Perhaps it's why they went for Torts versus Stevens if Stevens wasn't available last year as well.

Archived