The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Willie Desjardin: VAN Head Coach

Strombone1

Seriously,...how did Torts get past the interview stage? Who stole the warning flags...that should have been waved? quare out-dated peg was a misfit from the start. he wasnt a cog to fix the machine,...he was a wrench that threw himself into the works to wreck the machine so he could build it his way,..he didnt even really try to work with all the parts he had. He alienated people... more than he tried to attract people to the greater cause. He even confessed to quitting on his team & his own methods in the end. Hope you enjoy that excessive payday....Torts. It was 1 very expensive lesson for the Aquilinis to learn ...to BUTT-OUT of the hockey-business....& leave the job of managing the team to Trev & JB, who are the truly the experts. And Gillis, too...he should have stuck to his guns more often...as all of his self-doubting & loss of focus had repercussions for more than just himself.

The last act of a desperado for Gillis...

WD seems like a chill guy but someone who holds his players and coaching staff to high standards. Anyone else get a kick out of the fact that he was leaning back in his chair the whole time lol.

I know he's a rookie coach at the NHL level but he has gone through all the right checkpoints in terms of his grooming. He's been learning from the best and performing at all the major stages. I think he is NHL ready and will bring a totally different mindset to these Canucks.

Welcome to the team Willie!

I'm really excited about Willie. He is really down to earth and honest. Seems like a real player's coach. Even if we don't win in the next year or two, I can see big things happening with Willie coming up.

I'm really excited about Willie. He is really down to earth and honest. Seems like a real player's coach. Even if we don't win in the next year or two, I can see big things happening with Willie coming up.

Agreed. Either way the kids will be learning.

First time president hires a first time gm who he collaborated with to hire a first time head coach. Little worried about the lack of experience but all in all psyched about the future of this franchise.

First time president+gm+coach= eventually first cup :)

He genuinely seemed like a like-able and down-to-earth type of guy. I felt that when Torts arrived here there was always this cloud of the 'old Torts' over him and every time he tried to be nice and jovial it just kinda seemed like he was faking it and suppressing what he really wanted to be. That's not to say people can't change, it's just that's the kind of vibe I got out of him.

TSN making a big deal about how Dejardins picked Canucks over Penguins

saying how Dejardins should be careful about talking about Malkin and Crosby being a reason he didn't go there

good ole Dreger and Button stirring the pot like morons stupid trolls

Just saw that segment online. I swear, you could sense the hostility Dreger has towards Desjardins for making him look like an idiot when he reported prematurely WD was "a slam dunk" to sign with the Pens.

Funny how he and Button are implying that there's something wrong with Desjardins for signing with Vancouver instead of wondering what might possibly be wrong with Rutherford and/or the Pens.

So basically we fired Tortorella because he had a bad year, and we're bringing in a new coach who we expect to enter a "re-building" mode, so what was the point in firing Tortorella?

torts was brought in to "keenan" this teams core. He did a masterful and thankless job of exposing our clubs strengths and weaknesses. we know exactly who the character guys are in the core group now, who will bleed blue and green till the ship goes down, and who needs to move on.

time for a new era in canucks hockey and thanks again torts for the quick turn around and precision dismantling of our old gaurd

Archived