The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Willie Desjardin: VAN Head Coach

Strombone1

Rutherford could be talking about Peters, not necessarily Desjardins.

It seemed that Peters was a top candidate for the Pens job.

Yeah, that's definitely what I got from what he said (and from his earlier statements this week).

Desjardins wasn't one of the original 8 candidates interviewed for the Pens job (the group from which Rutherford identified the guy he "had" but was now "going in another direction").

And Peters was the name I kept hearing from people in Pittsburgh over the past week.

But after Peters took the Carolina job yesterday, it's possible that Willie quickly moved to the top of Pittsburgh's list (and that's why Rutherford was rumoured to have started scrambling a bit and to have spoken to Desjardins last night and again this morning).

On 1040 am this morning, Linden said that he hasn't even spoken to Willie in person ... and now he's being offered a multi-year deal? Really?

Yah,...that penduluum sure swung waaayyyyy faster than expected..... don`t count your chickens just yet.

So what? How else is Linden supposed to get information past the intrusive parasites that make up the majority of press in this city?

Anyone who lies to the media is fine by me, especially considering how the media likes to alter their "facts".

Linden is acting in the best interests of the team, by keeping the media at arms length. Being butthurt about Linden lying is just sad.

Bingo! This is exactly what Linden so far has done and has to do for the future. I like him as president allready! :)

Trev seems he can sell more than fitness memberships... :)

Could be, fingers crossed, 2 for 2 in getting his targeted man!

Who is the 3rd target, Reinhart? B)

I was gonna say, if he's this good at signing coaches and GMs, him and JB are going to be monsters when it comes to trades and FA signings.

I'm starting to believe again!

Trevor always had class, Benning is humble and that shows class, I always thought Gilman had class and now Desjardins who treats his players with class.

Canucks organization is now considered classy and I'm more proud of the Canucks again!

BTW, Dreger is a Nonis puppet still trying to give Vancouver the gears.

so the CDC laughed at Edmonton when they hired Dallas Eakins and said who wants an inexperienced coach anyways...

and now...hmmm <_<

Really? I don't remember anyone doing that....certainly not enough people to generalize it to all of CDC.

Being inaccurate when you call out CDC is just as bad as CDC being inaccurate.

EDIT: I have to admit, from what I recall, I wanted to hire Eakins, or at least was disappointed when the Oilers hired him. Turns out I was way wrong. To be fair, had I been given the opportunity to personally interview him, I think I would have found him to be a weenie. I think most people would have found that to be the case.

so the CDC laughed at Edmonton when they hired Dallas Eakins and said who wants an inexperienced coach anyways...

and now...hmmm <_<

True - But only after the sOilers were failing under his direction.

However, Desjardins has a ton more head coaching experience, regardless of what league it was... I think Eakins only had one year of head coaching experience with the Marlies.

Why are people surprised he chose Vancouver over Pittsburgh...

Why would anyone want to live in Pittsburgh over Vancouver arguably the most livable city in North America.

Cause it has nothing to do about how livable a city is. It has to do with travel and championships. Pittsburgh can win championships, Vancouver can not. Vancouver has the worst travel in the league which is why it is not an attractive market for players, coaches, etc.

Archived