The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I'm watching the Canucks game today and I don't have DVR... they just interviewed Jake Virtanen and I swear the sportsnet caption said "Jack Virtanen". Can anyone verify this?

I just checked as I have DVR. You are correct the caption did say "Jack." A fail by whoever made that mistake.

It was nothing special - just small talk.

Doesn't sound too sharp when he speaks though. His age definitely shows.

Yeah, I watched that and at first thought that he didn't sound too sharp. I just think for whatever reason that he was really nervous. Have heard him speak before and he's seemed pretty calm and collected. Even draft day being interviewed by TSN he was pretty cool under the national glare.

It was nothing special - just small talk.

Doesn't sound too sharp when he speaks though. His age definitely shows.

I wish people like you would stop going after these kids for stuff like this... Fine, say he was holes in his game, but to comment on whether he's a sharp or not at 18.. Chances are you have never spoken in the limelight so you have no idea what you are talking about. Give the kids a break... Cause they are just that.

• Upvote 1

I wish people like you would stop going after these kids for stuff like this... Fine, say he was holes in his game, but to comment on whether he's a sharp or not at 18.. Chances are you have never spoken in the limelight so you have no idea what you are talking about. Give the kids a break... Cause they are just that.

I'm not going after him, and it's just an observation. I'm perfectly content with Jake as our prospect.

I'm not going after him, and it's just an observation. I'm perfectly content with Jake as our prospect.

The majority of all human beings are not very sharp at the age of 18.

Also, I watched the interview and he handled it the way any hockey player should.

Edited by Tystick

The majority of all human beings are not very sharp at the age of 18.

Also, I watched the interview and he handled it the way any hockey player should.

After a couple guys mature beyond their years drafted 1st in two previous drafts (Gaunce and Horvat), I noticed the difference. I'm not saying it's bad. It's just an observation.