The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I think Jake realizes to make the team next year he will have to play a solid 2-way game like Horvat. Seems like his 2way game is slowly improving which is nice. Wish he was in an org like the knights though. Imagine baking him in London for another year or two?

He doesn't have much choice in the matter. His coach won't play him in a primary offensive position so he HAS to play defense.

He doesn't have much choice in the matter. His coach won't play him in a primary offensive position so he HAS to play defense.

I have a feeling he is going to be traded next year if he does the 9 games in the NHL. Imagine him on a team like the Giants. Him and Benson on one line.
  • Upvote 1

I don't see Sam Bennett being as great as everyone says he's going to be. I don't like the way he plays as a centre projected to be a top 6 forward. Nylander is more of a playmaker so I think it comes down to MDC JV and Perilini.

Each to his own I guess. I think Bennett is going to be a stud and if Calgary lands another big centre to go behind Monahan, Bennett might be moved to the wing. I think he can play either position at the NHL level.

I have a feeling he is going to be traded next year if he does the 9 games in the NHL. Imagine him on a team like the Giants. Him and Benson on one line.

to be honest, I don't have much hope in the 2014 draft. I personally think from Reinhart onwards to Dal cole, all of them will probably just end up being a second line player. There is probably no 1st line players in this draft, this draft is probably comparble to the 2004 draft, which is downright sad, maybe more depth, but no upper end players with exception of Ekblad. Virtannen is probably by far the safest player, even if he doesn't pan out offensively, i'm sure he will turn out ot be an exceptional hitting machine that can snipe it in. A player every team will wish they had.

to be honest, I don't have much hope in the 2014 draft. I personally think from Reinhart onwards to Dal cole, all of them will probably just end up being a second line player. There is probably no 1st line players in this draft, this draft is probably comparble to the 2004 draft, which is downright sad, maybe more depth, but no upper end players with exception of Ekblad. Virtannen is probably by far the safest player, even if he doesn't pan out offensively, i'm sure he will turn out ot be an exceptional hitting machine that can snipe it in. A player every team will wish they had.

I think the islanders made a mistake taking dal cole over virtanen and Nylander but I guess we will see in a few years. Dal Coles skating is sub par.

This might be a silly question, but is it possible for Benning and Linden to pressure the Hitman Management to trade Jake if they passionately are unhappy with the way he's being trained/developed/utilized by them? I honestly don;t know..

Thanks to whomever answers!

Since when is Dal Colle a cancer? I've heard nothing but the opposite in that regard.

lets see he was cut from team canada for some reason, there has been chatter online about him having behavior problems in the past but nothing specifically is mentioned but i believe theres some truth to it when theres smoke theres fire plis he hates the canucks so hes in the bad book in my eyes