The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

This garbage. I like Jake, but put the puck in the net.

Jake only has to hit and draw penalties and drive the net when possible....that will keep him in the lineup...it he scores a few and he will, then he moves up the roster.

The kid line worked once....I really don't know why WD hasn't tried it again yet...maybe next game we will see Jake break out with Bo and Sven.

He's so good at honing in on people for hits. Gets guys like Doughty that are extremely hard to catch. I think it's true that he has high IQ for his style of play. Although he has gotten some stupid penalties, he's about as clean a hitter for someone who hits that hard.

• Upvote 1

He already hits like a truck at age 19.

What's it going to be like for opponents when he matures?

Forward version of Scott Stevens? :shock:

I hope so. Stevens is my favourite defenseman all time. Absolute crime he hasn't won a Norris. Although some of his hits wouldn't stand now, he only had 3 elbowing penalties in his career. He would have changed his game, jus like he did when he went from an offensive-minded goon to a pure shutdown defenseman.

We can only hope Virtanen can change his game like that--to fit the situation--or the climate of the NHL, but it looks like he can so far. That battle in the net was so old school I didn't even care he embellished (I rather liked that). However, he can shift to a more on-the-puck game if he needs to. No wonder Willie likes him.

He's so good at honing in on people for hits. Gets guys like Doughty that are extremely hard to catch. I think it's true that he has high IQ for his style of play. Although he has gotten some stupid penalties, he's about as clean a hitter for someone who hits that hard.

You got it about his IQ. He's a brilliant player for his game.

GOD. They've been SO STOKED at playing together and played SO WELL in their only opportunity. The fact that it took this long is garbage.

Their skills all complement each other very well.

On paper reminds of a WCE-lite

Edmonton took their preseason very seriously. Hell they were 6-0 in preseason going into that game. It wouldn't have hurt to try that line out again to see if it was a fluke or chemistry.

And how many games have they won since the start of the regular season?

How dominant is McDavid?