The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I do. I'm just not romantically involved with a player just because my favorite team drafted him.

And everyone who likes Virtanen is? Kind of a convenient argument for your point of view. I liked Virtanen long before we actually selected him so I'm not sure it explains me but maybe it's true for some, who knows. Still kind of a dumb assumption to make.

Wow a league that scores 0.19 goals more per team

Amazing

That's about 13 goals over a season FWIW. And as I said, still doesn't touch on Horvat being on a better team, TOI etc, etc.

Sarcastic, eye-rolling, dismissive commentary is hardly a convincing retort. The point still remains... Comparing their stat lines from different leagues, in different seasons without context of their teams, usage, Jake having shoulder surgery etc, etc etc is not going to tell you anything of much value.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

That's about 13 goals over a season FWIW. And as I said, still doesn't touch on Horvat being on a better team, TOI etc, etc.

Sarcastic, eye-rolling, dismissive commentary is hardly a convincing retort. The point still remains... Comparing their stat lines from different leagues, in different seasons without context of their teams, usage, Jake having shoulder surgery etc, etc etc is not going to tell you anything of much value.

London was 3rd in its division while Calgary is 1st, but maybe London was the better team perhaps due to its star players like Domi and Bo being its star players

For Calgary, it was supposed to be Jake. No matter which way you cut it with the excuses, Jake had an off-year and a disappointing campaign in terms of production - that point still remains

Can he get better? Yes - he's only 18. But looking at this season as is, he's better than that

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 1

London was 3rd in its division while Calgary is 1st, but maybe London was the better team perhaps due to its star players like Domi and Bo being its star players

For Calgary, it was supposed to be Jake. No matter which way you cut it with the excuses, Jake had an off-year and a disappointing campaign in terms of production - that point still remains

Can he get better? Yes - he's only 18. But looking at this season as is, he's better than that

Well last game tamby was out and they threw Jake into the centre spot and he played pretty great . They are up 3-1 he must be doing something right. A lot of these guys watch too many stats. He's perfect for playoff series with his size and speed to wear down opponents.