The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Virtenen has played well in every game since the WJC. He does not play a game where you do not get drawn to his play. With some experience this kid will be a rock for Vancouver.

he will have to keep his head up as he gets the rep for what he,s doing out there ,but not near as suicidle as hall in his 1 yr.

On January 21, 2016 at 1:18 AM, zimmy said:

Yes Yes Yes  but P Kane, from all I have heard, is a great soldier and buys into the Chicago way of doing things. His woes are all off ice. I don't know if Drouin has off ice issues. To me this is all "on" ice with him as his seeingly massive ego has him at odds with coaches and management when, at his age, he shouldn't even have an ego. I'm thinking alot of "yes sirs" and  "no sirs" and a dose of genuine humility would serve him well. Regardless of how highly this kid thinks of himself this was not the way to go about getting what he wanted (and his agent has to shoulder some of the blame as well).  

Dude, you sound idiotic. Sorry, but your mentality is pathetic. For one, you have no idea what's happened and your opinion is based purely on speculation. Many said similar things about Baer before he got here, and now he's scoring consistently for us.

How do you know it isn't a similar situation? Maybe it has more to do with personalities than it does the kid's "ego", which, despite your denouncement of, is an extremely valuable part of any performance.

It's possible he's a bust, yeah. I don't really even know much about him aside from the odd highlight package and starlings, but I do know the Canucks don't have the assets to pull off a high caliber trade like this and remain well stocked, prospects-wise. 

I think you should consider more than your own beliefs about "humility" and whatever else you believe in before you start criticizing other humans and making accusations about them. See, I'm legitimized by having read what you've written. You're not because you have no clue.

29 minutes ago, NameFaker said:

Dude, you sound idiotic. Sorry, but your mentality is pathetic. For one, you have no idea what's happened and your opinion is based purely on speculation. Many said similar things about Baer before he got here, and now he's scoring consistently for us.

How do you know it isn't a similar situation? Maybe it has more to do with personalities than it does the kid's "ego", which, despite your denouncement of, is an extremely valuable part of any performance.

It's possible he's a bust, yeah. I don't really even know much about him aside from the odd highlight package and starlings, but I do know the Canucks don't have the assets to pull off a high caliber trade like this and remain well stocked, prospects-wise.

I think you should consider more than your own beliefs about "humility" and whatever else you believe in before you start criticizing other humans and making accusations about them. See, I'm legitimized by having read what you've written. You're not because you have no clue.

Its great how you are able to pass judgenment so effectively about who I am and what I beleive with so little to go on. It's a skill I haven't learned yet but this is a good lesson. Thanks for your opinions, by the way, about young Mr. Drouin. I'm not offended by them in any way but I'm confussed as to why I'm not allowed to speculate and make a judgement, albeit passing, about what I observe?

We don't agree on this subject. It would be nice if it could be left at that and save the vitriolic tone for somethig that really matters.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Roflcawptur said:

He was the second star in that game too!

This is just B-Town's way of layng out the welcome mat for when Virt hits free agency!! Truth is that he hasn't been around long enough for Bruins, their fans and broadcasters to develop any hate for him.  I'd give anything to watch Jake charge around  the old Boston Garden though. It seemed like those Bruin teams of the 70's and 80's (90's, 2000's etc) could run us out of the rink at will or at least spend every game trying to do so and our Canucks often did not have an answer.

4 minutes ago, zimmy said:

This is just B-Town's way of layng out the welcome mat for when Virt hits free agency!! Truth is that he hasn't been around long enough for Bruins, their fans and broadcasters to develop any hate for him.  I'd give anything to watch Jake charge around  the old Boston Garden though. It seemed like those Bruin teams of the 70's and 80's (90's, 2000's etc) could run us out of the rink at will or at least spend every game trying to do so and our Canucks often did not have an answer.

Yup, JV is a Bruin type player for sure.  

Just now, Alflives said:

He does play like the prototypical Bruin.  The best part is: HE IS OURS, AND THEY CANT HAVE HIM!

I know..just pulling your tail...(do you have one?)...JV looked real good last night as WD would say..hey bro..you are almost at my post count since august and it took me 3 years?

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

I know..just pulling your tail...(do you have one?)...JV looked real good last night as WD would say..hey bro..you are almost at my post count since august and it took me 3 years?

What can I say?  I'm a lover of cats!  I know that has nothing to do with post counts, but it was the best I could do.  Plus, saying completely irrelevant stuff is how I keep the numbers so high! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

What can I say?  I'm a lover of cats!  I know that has nothing to do with post counts, but it was the best I could do.  Plus, saying completely irrelevant stuff is how I keep the numbers so high! :lol:

Cool..Im glad you have high standards..:P

13 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Now I just feel like a lazy poster..... lol

Anyway I'm glad JV's starting to look better. As I've said throughout this thread, some players take time. Just look at Baetschi as an example. I've always stood by him as well lol

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Now I just feel like a lazy poster..... lol

Anyway I'm glad JV's starting to look better. As I've said throughout this thread, some players take time. Just look at Baetschi as an example. I've always stood by him as well lol

That's what annoys me. People come in here freaking out for 5000 pages saying he's a bust at 6th overall when it's way too early to say. Just being 19 in the NHL and making progress should be enough right now. Having said that I wished he scored that breakaway, would have been just a beauty goal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, messier's_elbow said:

That's what annoys me. People come in here freaking out for 5000 pages saying he's a bust at 6th overall when it's way too early to say. Just being 19 in the NHL and making progress should be enough right now. Having said that I wished he scored that breakaway, would have been just a beauty goal.

I have to agree unfortunately. I get that people get wrapped up in the team and that it's great that people are passionate about it, but would it hurt to have a little patience and not jump to radical conclusions on who he will become, how he should develop, and how WD/JB apparently don't know what they're doing simply because one disagrees?

However, it's a forum. If there were not these discussions, it would likely be more boring at the same time. *shrug*

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I have to agree unfortunately. I get that people get wrapped up in the team and that it's great that people are passionate about it, but would it hurt to have a little patience and not jump to radical conclusions on who he will become, how he should develop, and how WD/JB apparently don't know what they're doing simply because one disagrees?

However, it's a forum. If there were not these discussions, it would likely be more boring at the same time. *shrug*

I like everyone's passion as well, but there are many passionate posters who are patient and don't jump the gun on every prospect we have. Good thing Boeser is on a 13 game point streak after the juniors or we would be hearing it in that thread as well. Until a prospect is 22-23 years old it's too early to call them a bust. That might even be too soon. 

Just now, messier's_elbow said:

I like everyone's passion as well, but there are many passionate posters who are patient and don't jump the gun on every prospect we have. Good thing Boeser is on a 13 game point streak after the juniors or we would be hearing it in that thread as well. Until a prospect is 22-23 years old it's too early to call them a bust. That might even be too soon. 

The way I see it, when a player's contract expires and it is not renewed is when they could be considered a bust. So many people seem to focus on age,;yet, don't we just want players who will make the team regardless of if they're 19 or 28?

Also, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of great posters on this board. Like you've pretty much said, there are people who are just as passionate and have a head on their shoulders at the same time. ;)

4 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Agree with this completely! It bugs the shh out of me when I hear this kind of nonsense from Canucks fans and especially the Canucks media, what a joke. A lot of blind Canucks fans, but it is what it is. Jake Virtanen has a bright future with the Vancouver Canucks organization. I for one am happy to him have on this team and I would not trade him for Nylander or Ehlers(laughs) or whoever else our blind fans compare him too.

Jim Benning has a master plan and Jake is going to be a big piece of said plan. If you're reading this Jake keep your head up man the real fans love you and you're an amazing player with a unique skill set as my man JB would say! Really look forward to seeing Jake come into his own whether that's in the 2nd half of this season, next season or hell even the year after that. I believe he will step it up in the 2nd half, long as Willie D trusts him, which I am sure he will do.

Edited by Aleksander Barkov

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

theres a guy feeding his cat grass somewhere around here do u like organically feed cats or canivours?

Edited by chon derry