The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Thanks! I'll keep doing them as long as people enjoy them. All I want in return is that I get to choose which games to watch because I'm not going to do every game, haha.

Update:

6-3 Hitmen lead. Helgeson with his second goal of the night, this one on the PP.

Ya they are fantastic, so much better than just pure highlights in giving an accurate view of the player's total game. Very much appreciate the time and effort it obviously takes!

Thanks! I'll keep doing them as long as people enjoy them. All I want in return is that I get to choose which games to watch because I'm not going to do every game, haha.

Update:

6-3 Hitmen lead. Helgeson with his second goal of the night, this one on the PP.

Update:

7-3 Hitmen. Loch Morrison with his second goal of the season. Rout is on in Calgary.

Are you gonna do this one given that Virtanen has two goals? (one of them was very nice I hear)

EDIT: Nooo, why did they remove the Hitmen Christmas video!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKsLNaahu1I

Are you gonna do this one given that Virtanen has two goals? (one of them was very nice I hear)

Yep, I was planning to do it regardless because it was the Teddy Bear Toss. Virtanen (and the Hitmen) with a great game is a bonus!

Edited by Canucks1219

Finally...

Virtanen had 2 goals, 4 shots, and 2 PIM today. Brings his season totals to...

20GP 9g 14a 23pts +5 34PIM

Of note: Jake has 13 points (6g , 7a), is +7, and has 20 PIM in the past 9 games.

I just finished watching the Canucks game (wish I didn't see it at all) and will now watch the Hitmen game (yay!). With watching (incl. the pausing, rewinds), editing, and uploading, it's going to be a couple hours before a video is up.

He's definitely picking it up and you'd have to think that getting his timing back after being out with a shoulder must have held him back earlier in the season or maybe just a slow starter. He's playing really well lately and hopefully he keeps it up.

Virtanen is coming in hot to Canada's Selection Camp.