The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6L5Qyl3e0

A few notes:

- The video is still not finished processing so the quality is not great. (At the time of this writing anyways. It might be fine when you watch it.)

- The commentary for the game was actually out of sync with the game (the actual archived game was desynchronized), so I had to resynchronize it during editing. I apologize in advance if it's still a little off but I think it should be fine.

- Because of the 15 minute limit on video length -- I'm sorry, I'm not giving Google my cell number to "verify" my account and remove the limit -- I had to cut out some shifts. Nothing important is cut though. I cut the faceoff for certain shifts and got rid of some shifts altogether. The "whole shifts" that I cut were useless anyways. Those were where the play lasted about 10 seconds because of a quick whistle.

- The framerate for this video is a little choppier than the last one. I used the exact same settings so I'm not sure why it turned out this way. It's sort of tiring for the eyes, so sorry about that.

Wow, thanks a lot for this!

• Upvote 2

A few notes:

- The video is still not finished processing so the quality is not great. (At the time of this writing anyways. It might be fine when you watch it.)

- The commentary for the game was actually out of sync with the game (the actual archived game was desynchronized), so I had to resynchronize it during editing. I apologize in advance if it's still a little off but I think it should be fine.

- Because of the 15 minute limit on video length -- I'm sorry, I'm not giving Google my cell number to "verify" my account and remove the limit -- I had to cut out some shifts. Nothing important is cut though. I cut the faceoff for certain shifts and got rid of some shifts altogether. The "whole shifts" that I cut were useless anyways. Those were where the play lasted about 10 seconds because of a quick whistle.

- The framerate for this video is a little choppier than the last one. I used the exact same settings so I'm not sure why it turned out this way. It's sort of tiring for the eyes, so sorry about that.

This video is so much better than the one posted earlier, especially when showcasing the Jonathan Toews-esque goal (in his rookie year) in the first period.

Thanks for the post!

A few notes:

your the man

Looks like Virt took a few draws, and won.

Yeah both offensive and defensive zone draws. Nice.

His second goal was a hard, heavy and obviously accurate shot from the Stamkos spot. Also nice, but not as highlight-worthy as goal one.

What I like about WHL play as opposed to some other leagues is that very much resembles NHL hockey, in terms of style and player type. The players within are almost all man-sized and not afraid to mix it up. No wonder a lot of top defenders come from the W these days. They are pretty much already built for NHL hockey at draft time and it's only a matter of adjusting the timing to a quicker pace.

Virtanen was noticeable pretty much all throughout the video. He's going to be great for us.

Thanks for watching! I'm glad people enjoyed the video. :- )

As for people who are offering money, that won't be necessary. The plan was just for me to watch it on my own and take notes of Jake's performances anyways. I can't start taking money because I'm now making a video out of it. I appreciate the offer though.

Thanks for watching! I'm glad people enjoyed the video. :- )

As for people who are offering money, that won't be necessary. The plan was just for me to watch it on my own and take notes of Jake's performances anyways. I can't start taking money because I'm now making a video out of it. I appreciate the offer though.

You can make yourself a youtube Channel and get partnered with the effort you're putting in.