The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

It always freezes for a bit at midnight, presumably for server reset. Just be patient next time.

Virtanen is by far the best forward on that Calgary roster. You can tell he has a full stride, maybe even two on virtually everyone on that team. He needs someone who can keep up, desperately. He was the best Canadian forward at the u18 and I think he could well continue that into the u20.

It always freezes for a bit at midnight, presumably for server reset. Just be patient next time.

Virtanen is by far the best forward on that Calgary roster. You can tell he has a full stride, maybe even two on virtually everyone on that team. He needs someone who can keep up, desperately. He was the best Canadian forward at the u18 and I think he could well continue that into the u20.

hopefully he gets 1st unit pp time with mcdavid and Reinhart. That would be a treat to watch.

Im going to get a Virtanen jersey and I love the way this kid plays. He's going to be a star in this city one day. I don't know if I agree with him having a higher ceiling then perry though.. I just think they have a lot if the same attributes aside from jake being faster. God I hope he turns out to be better though but Perry won the Richard and the hart those are big shoes to fill.

SAME! :towel:

Perry scores 50 goals.

It's not easy to get higher than that.

Agreed, but couple Virtanen with Getzlaf etc and consider that Virtanen is a better skater, has a better release and shot... Well, you will see... Hopefully. I know it's a big if, but if you watched this kid perform. I still think he will play like Lindros

Agreed, but couple Virtanen with Getzlaf etc and consider that Virtanen is a better skater, has a better release and shot... Well, you will see... Hopefully. I know it's a big if, but if you watched this kid perform. I still think he will play like Lindros

as long as he keeps his head up, and stevens does not make a comeback for a division rival, that would be amazing.

as long as he keeps his head up, and stevens does not make a comeback for a division rival, that would be amazing.

No way Jake plays with his head down like Lindros did. People bounce off him not just because he's strong but because he's aware and has great balance. He gets no credit for the fact that he very rarely gets surprised by a hit but he always seems to know when someone's coming his way.

I don't understand how some people would want ehlers over jake. Ehlers is loaded with skill and speed but jake has those same attributes but is a beast physically. Plus the whl seems more like an nhl simulation then the Quebec league. I guess the world juniors will hopefully help prove we made the right choice with virtanen over ehlers, nylander and Ritchie.

A 6 game tournament won't.

At the end of the career we'll be able to determine which would have been the best pick.

Yes, whether he gets there is another story. His skill set is tops in his draft class on almost every level.

That's great and all but..

Perry is the best goal scorer and winger from the 2003 NHL draft.. 2003!

• Upvote 1