The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

2 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

You've already lost your end of this debate, keep grasping at straws 

I'm sure in your mind that's true. I realize you are angry because I implied you are a troll when you down repped a fair comment by a Canucks fan. I apologize for that. I can see now that you are not a troll, you are doing the best you can with the mental resources available to you.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Thanks for the lesson junior. Feel free to doubt whatever you want. I was poking fun at the clowns who like to make up their minds and state absolutes (about how terrible Jake and other Canucks prospects are) based on small amounts of data taken out of context,  I am not actually stupid enough to believe that a 5 game sample holds much significance, hence the "For What It's Worth". If you thought I am that stupid, you were projecting. 

By the way, "not to be a grammar police" is pretty poor grammar. If I were to use bad grammar to correct somebody's grammar, I would be very embarrassed. Are you capable of feeling embarrassment?

Lmao now you have lost it. I did not correct anyone's grammar. I corrected the phrase the poster used. The only reason I referred to that as "grammar police" as that's usually the phrase used to describe people who point out flaws in someone's wording. Looks like you have embarrassed yourself again.

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

I'm sure in your mind that's true. I realize you are angry because I implied you are a troll when you down repped a fair comment by a Canucks fan. I apologize for that. I can see now that you are not a troll, you are doing the best you can with the mental resources available to you.

Once you start taking shots at someone it's just conceding that you can't debate and have lost. If you really were being sarcastic you wouldn't have waited until one person said they interpreted it as toungue in cheek, you would have mentioned it while multiple people were ridiculing your ridiculous statement. Intelligent people don't go to name calling, they go to facts. If you were smart you would know sarcasm doesn't translate through text. Good try though!! Maybe next time? Probably not though. 

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Lmao now you have lost it. I did not correct anyone's grammar. I corrected the phrase the poster used. The only reason I referred to that as "grammar police" as that's usually the phrase used to describe people who point out flaws in someone's wording. Looks like you have embarrassed yourself again.

He is a troll, funny that he accuses other's of being one haha. He doesn't know any better, he must be pretty young. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

"Police" is an uncountable noun. "The grammar police" would be correct, as would "a grammar policeman". "A grammar police" is bad English. And that's the end of today's English lessons.

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

"Police" is an uncountable noun. "The grammar police" would be correct, as would "a grammar policeman". "A grammar police" is bad English. And that's the end of today's English lessons.

I meant to put grammer police in quotes but if you are going to nitpick through my posts, go ahead. The fact that you feel the need to talk down to people and throw around thinly veiled insults simply tells me that you have deep feelings of insecurity and lack of self worth. Maybe you will grow up one day to comport yourself like an adult, junior.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

I meant to put grammer police in quotes but if you are going to nitpick through my posts, go ahead. The fact that you feel the need to talk down to people and throw around thinly veiled insults simply tells me that you have deep feelings of insecurity and lack of self worth. Maybe you will grow up one day to comport yourself like an adult, junior.

He goes to insults about grammar because that's all he has left, that's what adolescents do when they've lost an arguement, look for whatever they can to put you down and prop themselves up. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:
Rank Player GP G A Pts
1 Willie Marshall 1205 523 852 1375
2 Fred Glover 1201 520 814 1334
3 Jody Gage 1038 504 544 1048
4 Tim Tookey 824 353 621 974
5 Dick Gamble 898 468 424 892
6 Mike Nykoluk 1069 195 686 881
7 Keith Aucoin 769 244 613 857
8 Harry Pidhirny 1071 376 453 829
9 Jimmy Anderson 943 426 395 821
10 Mitch Lamoureux 802 364 452 816
11 Bill Sweeney 695 294 510 804
12 Bruce Boudreau 634 316 483 799
13 Larry Wilson 899 298 492 790
14 Darren Haydar 780 292 496 788
15 Zellio Toppazzini 785 310 476 786
16 Peter White 747 250 533 783
17 Bruce Cline 823 321 452 773
18 Art Stratton 669 211 555 766
19 Bronco Horvath 666 263 484 747
20 Fred Thurier 642 319 425 744

How many of these elite AHL scorers had NHL careers?  

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

How the hell should I know?  :lol:  My point is , points in the A are not always an indicator of NHL success or failure.  Jake is for the first time in likely his career actual fit and a proper playing weight.  Let's see how he does with it.  

Reveal hidden contents

Good job finding evidence to support your position man. I think your posts should look more like this instead of constantly asking other people questions. You can be quite informative when you want to be. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Considering how you are lashing out and being defensive, somehow I doubt it was a "tongue & cheek" comment. More like you made a "braindead" comment and now you are backpedaling hard. Anyone that isn't "simpleminded" should know that sarcasm can often be hard to detect in text unlike speech...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

With the likes of Rob Zepp and canuckledraggin running around, you should convey sarcasm more effectively.

@Jester13 Not to be a grammar police but the correct phrase is "tongue-in-cheek", just for future reference.

Thank you so much! Please teach me how to never make a mistake. I mean, how did you know that he was backpedaling and not actually making a tongue-in-cheek comment? I wish I possessed skills like yours. ;)

Also, you missed your comma before 'but', but who's checking, right?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Thank you so much! Please teach me how to never make a mistake. I mean, how did you know that he was backpedaling and not actually making a tongue-in-cheek comment? I wish I possessed skills like yours. ;)

Not to be a grammar police

I mentioned that as a precursor so that it wouldn't seem condescending which it wasn't. Sensitive much?

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

You can't be that sensitive. He wasn't even being a douche about it. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

I mentioned that as a precursor so that it wouldn't seem condescending which it wasn't. Sensitive much?

But you must know that precursors like the one you made are transparently negative, no? It's like the comments, "With all due respect", or "I'm not racist, but..."; surely I'm not the only one who sees this O_o? 

It seems to me like you may be the one backpedaling. 

18 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

You can't be that sensitive. He wasn't even being a douche about it. 

I assure you I'm not. 

Edit: Honestly, I think what you have both just demonstrated is how quickly people react to others on this forum without first asking for clarification--and how those reactions tend to go to the negative side of the spectrum.

Edited by Jester13
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Virtanen looking jacked af:

nvu13z51n51z.jpg

Jakes jacked...but....I could be looking at 2 party animals...I'm pretty sure I'm looking at one party animal and his jacked friend anyway....

....one beer a day to make a players day....2 beer a day leads to 12 too many days....back on the bike Jake....

And here we are, back to arguing back and forth at each other over trivial crap because of a post (serious or not) on one of the extreme sides of things. Good work everyone, keep it up - on a weekend when we could all have something better to do no less.

• Upvote 1