The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

I was shocked when I heard I was selected by Vancouver. Its pretty disappointing. The Canucks are an OK team I suppose, but they're definitely not one of the teams I was really hoping to get picked by. I was expecting better than that. But whatever. You just have to deal with it, you know? It is what it is. LOL.

Source???

Highlights are almost always about offence, and it's clear he has real potential -- fast skater with great change of pace, high hockey IQ, and a great shot. Until I'd read otherwise, he looked like a talented offensive-geared prospect, but his attention to D and the system his team plays (which keeps him low in their zone) is likely much of what stifled his numbers. His coach has already said that he will be pushing his offence next year, so we're likely to see a pretty decent stat bump.

This kid is gonna light it up :)

Don't underestimate is defensively play because of the highlights. He is relied on shutdown duties in Sault Ste Marie, he's intense everywhere on the ice. He's a fast skater which is a helper to his defensive game and he's a pretty hard nosed guy to play against from what I've seen. He reminds me of a guy I watched quite a bit this draft who is Kevin Fiala. Fiala and McCann both dig in corners, they both have tremendous work ethics and determination for every puck. They hound the puck, exciting players to watch who are fast and have great offensive skillsets.

McCann is a gritty guy, he'll dig pucks and take it to the net. Defensively I was surprised to see a kid that is always on the puck to be a patient player defensively, he doesn't overuse his energy. If he needs to play defence he can read the play with his great hockey IQ and always be a step ahead defensively which helps his offence and adding to his offence is his bolting speed. He's one of the fastest skaters in the draft aswell, I'd probably rank him #4.

He's going to be very fun to watch once he steps into the NHL.

This guy will probably be the steal of the draft. He does remind me of Kesler in a lot of ways. Even his personality.

I liked Fabbri at 21 overall as well, good pick up for the blues.

Blues have a lot of those undersized top prospects now in Rattie, Schwartz, and Fabbri. The big blues will be the small blues in coming years.

I was shocked when I heard I was selected by Vancouver. Its pretty disappointing. The Canucks are an OK team I suppose, but they're definitely not one of the teams I was really hoping to get picked by. I was expecting better than that. But whatever. You just have to deal with it, you know? It is what it is. LOL.

I watched the draft clip a few times, and man he seemed pissed or looked that way. There was no smile or anything when hugging his parents. He was totally shocked but I think is understadable. Given where he was ranked prior to the draft, he would have never expected to be drafted by us. The kid reminds me of Kessler but I don't know why.

based on watching several games of his this guy is gonna surprise a lot of people truly believe hes gonna be the steal of this draft. future top line of shink mcann virtanen. whoa baby thats gonna be deadly to watch.

I watched the draft clip a few times, and man he seemed pissed or looked that way. There was no smile or anything when hugging his parents. He was totally shocked but I think is understadable. Given where he was ranked prior to the draft, he would have never expected to be drafted by us. The kid reminds me of Kessler but I don't know why.

he was pissed before they called his name for how much he dropped.

He looked pretty happy at the Canuck event the other night, laughed at his own Kesler point, and seemed to be taking the whole thing in stride. Like Hunter, this kid might be a diamond. Hell, they're all 17, 18, or young college kids, give them time to take the whole, turning pro thing in, before they play their first of hopefully, many NHL games in Canuck uniforms.

It's extremely wishful thinking, but IMO he definitely has that 1C potential, even if it's low-end 1C. It's going to be completely up to him, but he has all the tools to reach that level. He's going back to a great organization in Junior and he's going to breakout in a big way this year, as long as he can get over his consistency issues. I think Horvat will become the better overall player, but Mcann's offensive ceiling is a notch above and he's the most exciting prospect we have IMHO.

He looked pretty happy at the Canuck event the other night, laughed at his own Kesler point, and seemed to be taking the whole thing in stride. Like Hunter, this kid might be a diamond. Hell, they're all 17, 18, or young college kids, give them time to take the whole, turning pro thing in, before they play their first of hopefully, many NHL games in Canuck uniforms.

Agreed. From his junior and first few Canuck interviews, he seems rather nervous in front of the camera(who can blame him, really?), but he seems to have a great personality. We have a real Gem here

Archived